Monday, November 25, 2013

Just Before Thanksgiving

Hello friends, How have you all been? I'm sure you've all been busy,busy preparing for the big feast. Me too,  but sadly I am very far behind schedule, gosh I haven't even done my Turkey Day shopping yet. That will for sure happen tomorrow ;)

Sometimes we just need a little me time, so instead of making a grocery list or cleaning out the fridge I chose to do something fun like putting up the tree! This year I am decorating the tree by myself. The little elves are not helping this year. Instead, they will be working  magic on their Mamas tree.


Here is a sneak peek of my tree. It is far from done, but is beautiful simple and plain. With the few twigs,pine cones and lights, it gives a warm and cozy ambiance to the space.
I think I will stop right here with the tree, It is perfect until after Thanksgiving.
Now I must skedaddle over to the oven, it's full of gingerbread house pieces. Another "me time" project, but one I am creating for you. I will reveal it to you in a few days... until then,  Wishing you all a Happy Thanksgiving.
May your day be filled with joy, laughter and good food among family and friends.

1 comment:

Bettina Groh said...

Your tree looks lovely... when I was small ( just after WWII) we lived in London. Our tree had glass crystals from an old lamp and candles ... and that's it! But it was lovely!
Happy Thanksgiving to you too!