Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Lost in a Winter Wonderland


Hello friends,
It's a Winter Wonderland here in Northern Utah. I haven't seen this much snow in a long, long time.
I took this picture just out my back door looking down toward our pond.



 I think the snow is so peaceful and most beautiful to look at.
But, I must be honest, I have been wondering how long this mass of snow will take to melt..
I have projects I'm so anxious to start working on, that i can only do outside...



 Our Ol' girl Tessa is in no hurry for the snow to melt, she loves it!
She rolls in it, scoots her nose then her whole face into it. To watch Tessa play in the snow, you would never guess that she was 13 yrs. old.



I thought with all this wonderful snow, a cute lil' Valentine Snowman would be fitting.
This sweet lil' guy was created using a salt shaker and some paper clay.
He is my first addition to my " Evoke a Smile" boutique found on the tab above.

Well, I'm off to get some rest before the next storm rolls in. Gotta love that shoveling ;)

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope your day is the best!

9 comments:

Renae at simple sequins said...

yes, Diane Those are typical scenes in my neighborhood, too. Your dog is a nice looking dog! I have a bowzer, too. She is mixed mini-schnauzer and a cocker spaniel. She has her Dad's black cocker coat and her Mom's schnauzer frame. She is really smart and dumb at the same time. poor thing. See email.

maddyrose said...

The snow photos are really quite beautiful and much nicer than what I have to see out of my back windows. Today it looks and feels more like November than it does the end of January. Your little Valentine Snowman is adorable! Enjoy your snow while it's still so lovely to look at. Hugs

Debbie said...

Your back yard looks so pretty! We're stuck with rain and grey days so your snow looks much nicer!!

Renae at simple sequins said...

Yes! Too much snow. Too much! My daughter made that scarf be an infinity by tying the fringe ends together! You can do it. Post about it. k?

Andria said...

Such gorgeous snow! We have had so little of it the past two years, and I miss a good solid snowfall. Your Valentine Snowman is very fitting!

Fun With This and That said...

The snow looks pretty but I think it gets old.
the snowman is cute may try to make one.
hope your day is good.
Laura

Renae at simple sequins said...

Yes, Diane! Anita's blog will blow you away. She does a phenomenal blog party for 3 days in May and it was so much fun last year. Follow her and you'll hear about it in April and May. It is usually at the end of the school year. She was a full time teacher last year (and for many years prior). This year she is just subbing. Get to know her. You won't regret it.

AliciaArtShop said...

Hi Diane. Definitely know that winter is here this past week. Hope your part of Utah had as beautiful of a day as my part of Utah had today. Enjoyed a sunny day. :). Take care, Alicia
.

Thistle Cove Farm said...

seems like it's always winter and never Easter here in southwest VA; I am SO ready for spring! Yet, the snow isn't finished.