Friday, January 11, 2013

Cabin Chic Inspiration, part 1

                                  Hello there and Happy FRIDAY!

A snowy Friday here. It's been laying down the fluffy white stuff since 3 pm yesterday.
                         I'm (secretly) hoping the schools call it a snow day :)

One of my goals for this year is to give our living room a makeover... And, by golly it needs it, because it's really never had one before. Nope, never! just an eclectic mish mash of much loved stuff, but no real style per say.
 With our extremely tight budget, i will have to be extra clever and extra patient to pull it off.
My goal is to take her slow and enjoy the creative journey. However, I would prefer and hope the journey  for this project,  to be done by April.

I have found my inspiration.   Cabin Chic!


                                                        What is Cabin chic?
Well, I'm not really sure how the pro-decorators would describe it, but to me ( the amerature decorator ) the feel I get and how I describe it is-  it's chic,with a little finesse of glam  meets rustic, all rolled up into one cozy nest..,                 SCREAMMMMMM!

                     I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!




I am drawn to the soothing colors and  textures... to me it really brings a sense of calmness.
I love the deep gray walls, cozy natural textiles and then the gorgeous pop of color of the headboard.






I'm looking at all of these cozy throws and pillows, and it gives me a HUGE desire to crawl in there and take a nap.

                          Am I the only one, or does it give you that warm and cozy feel too?







                                                          This is gorgeous!
 I love all the nature and art... Oh,and that there candelabra made from antler sheds is simply beautiful.
.
             Definitely, I'm putting that one on my Honey's " I love to help my wife out list ".








              I have always loved Mercury glass.  It's pretty, even kinda magical to look at.

 In my thrifting adventures I've been collecting a few things to turn into faux Mercury glass.
                  I will surely share the process when I get to that part of the journey.


                     Well, there you have it.  My inspiration for my living room makeover.

                                If you would like to see more inspiration pics, click here.

Thanks all for visiting.
Have a Fantastic and Safe weekend!

~Diane

4 comments:

maddyrose said...

The cabin chic look is very inviting and cozy. I'm ready for a living room make over. I have nice furniture but the room lacks style. Have fun with your decorating and have a great weekend. Hope you get the snow day. Hugs

Cameron said...

Oh, Diane....that looks do-able....I bet if anyone can figure out a way, it's you!

Can't wait to see what you do with the place :)

Jenna LaFevor said...

Lovin the cabin chic look!

Jenna @ rainonatinroof.com

Faerie Moon Creations said...

Oh I like your cabin chic! Perfect look for this time of year, too. Have tons of fun decorating!