Friday, November 23, 2012

Source: bhg.com via Bobbie on Pinterest
     Happy day after Thanksgiving Friends!

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving with all the fixins' of big laughter, warm hugs and full tummies.
This morning as I was sipping my coffee, I was thinking about a short conversation I had with my daughter yesterday. I had ran to the store to pick up some cream cheese for her. When I stopped by to drop it off,she thanked me for going to the store, I told her that I had forgot a few things too, then I mentioned to her, when I was a little girl, not a store or gas station in sight was open on Thanksgiving day. (except maybe for 7-11). She looked at me puzzled, then she replied, " OH WOW! "
The rest of the day, I couldn't stop thinking about how the holidays were when I was a child, and how much has changed since then...

Through the years I have enjoyed and indulged in all the crazy fun Black Friday frenzies, the hustle and bustle of the holiday season.

 But this year I think I'd like to slow down a bit and, lean towards this...



Yes, this... A perfectly simple, Holiday Season.





And,  drink LOTS of this :)

5 comments:

LLA Creations said...

Sounds like good times! No stores open ... what do you do...make do!

Happy Holidays!

maddyrose said...

I think the best holidays for me were when my children were small. Back then everything was fun and exciting. I'm thinking you have the right idea for celebrating the season. After yesterday I could really use a little relaxation and some hot chocolate sounds good too.

Maggie said...

I, too, am hoping to have a more relaxed, less commercial holiday season. And, I love the photos on this post!

Love You To The Moon And Back said...

Diane! I love this post. Those were the days when everything was simple. Hope you and the family had a nice Thanksgiving! Love you

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

I am sure hearing a lot of people leaning toward simplicity this year.