Sunday, September 23, 2012

October Wreath


Happy Sunday! Yesterday morning I woke early, 2:30 Am early... I do that several times a month, I think it's the remnants of Baker's hours I kept for 17 years. Anyway, I had a strong gray wild hair to create. The only problem was all my paints were downstairs, and I DID NOT want to wake the young*un's that early. So, I rummaged through drawers and all the nooks and cranny's upstairs, and by golly I found a treasure trove of dyed coffee filters I had stashed away, a grapevine wreath that is my mother's from a previous craft day ( I'll pay her back) and some poinsettia silk flowers, and a scrap piece of fabric.



And look at what all that made! Yes, it's a October wreath...A perfect addition for the front porch Halloween decor that will be going up this week.

I remember when I dyed the coffee filters and was going for black, but ended up with multi colors of deep grays, purples and greens. But,for this wreath it ended up perfect!
I added a circle of orange fabric in the center of the coffee filter flowers for
contrast and a pop of color.


then, finally i added the poinsettia leaves here and there.. some I added to the ends of the curvy vines that extended out from the wreath. So there you have it.. What I do at 2:30 Am :)

I am still trying to figure out this new Blogger thing so, if this post and pics don't look quite right, please bare with me til' I get'er figured out...

Have a wonderful day :)

I am linking with, Life on Lakeshore Drive

3 comments:

maddyrose said...

Looks pretty darn good for something you hadn't prepared to do and doing it at o-dark-thirty too. I'm awake early nearly every morning but am never that creative. Love the wreath Diane. Can't wait to see the rest of your decorations.

Incipient Wings said...

Your muse is awesome!
This wreath is gorgeous :)great work!

Maggie said...

All I can say is, "Awesome!". Your wreath is wonderful. I love the coffee filter flowers.