Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Look who pulled in

My two little grand kids, that's who !
( Kasen giving his Lil' Sis a ride on his new Power Wheel, he received from his mommy for his birthday).
Alan and I were just tickled silly, when we got the call after what seemed to be a lengthy battle, to get our grand kids out of foster care and back into our home.
If you have followed my blog you will know, that we already had been raising our 2yr old granddaughter for 5 months, when our other two came to live. It was not working out no matter how hard or what we tried.
But, i soon came realize we just didn't try hard enough.
The biggest mistake and regret that I made in my whole entire life, was to let them go into foster care.
I am so thankful DCFS allowed us to bring them back home...
Here is our little guy on his first day of Kindergarten.
He was so excited, and loved every minute of his first day.
I have copies of this pic waiting for me to pic up at Wally-World.
I thought it would be cute to make some frames using chalkboard paint, then give as a little surprise gift this week to his mom,dad and his other grandma.



and of course Lil' Sis wanted to be right there for her big brothers first day.
She is wearing her backpack too. Actually, she doesn't ever take it off,lol..
These two precious gems are our life right now, and we couldn't be more happier and blessed.
Thanks so much for stopping by, and I wish you a great day!

5 comments:

maddyrose said...

Hi Diane,
I'm thrilled for you that you have your grandkids back home. They look like they're happy being back too. I know what a nightmare this has been. Good luck my friend.
Hugs

LLA Creations said...

Every Grandchild should have Grandparents like you two!
Congrats and I hope your family enjoys everyday:)

Cameron said...

My heart is smiling for you, Diane! What Sweeties!

Zan Asha said...

Hello My Sweet Friend! I am glad things are looking up...I think the hardest thing is to raise children and you are doing a stellar job..do not fret. Rooting for you, and here's to a fun school year!

Kathy Moody said...

That is the cutest picture ever!! Your precious grandchildren are so blessed to have you in their lives. Thank you so much for following my blog. I am so excited to join yours! :)