Saturday, July 14, 2012

Where Bloggers Create, My studio

Well Hello!
Come on in and take a little tour of my studio.
But first, I'd like to give a special thank you to Karen of My Desert Cottage for hosting her 4th annual "Where Bloggers Create ".



Oakie doak,
on with the tour...

( At any time you can click on the pic to enlarge the photo's )
I just recently gave my studio a re-do. I painted my studio in a "Lingering Lavender " and, for the ceiling a romantic " Kings Cove "
I love purple! ( and sharpie's, lol )

I am a Halloween lover and artist, so it's no surprise that you will find some fabulous one of a kind art from some of my artist friends displayed in the studio...


one of a kind art by; Dianie mac......Paint Misbehavin'.... and my sis' Linda............



To welcome all the natural light in my studio, I frame the window with old brushes and crayons.



I think old, used and well loved paint brushes are an art piece..
great to display.


The sweet mixed media painting in the silver frame, is from my friend Alicia.



Original art by; The Gourdqueen,(Halloween Kitty) myself (Witch), and a lovely card given to me by one of my sweet collectors.



A sweet dollie I received from a swap by artist Sue Barton.



My desk.
Where I blog ;)
The walls are still a bit bare, but I'm sure it wont take long to collect stuff to finness them up a bit.

An old chandelier re purposed to hold my ornaments collected from Halloween artists.
Pumpkin(Gourdqueen), Darlin' game piece ornies. ( Lisa at llcreations)


Jamie Moore's Man Eating plant.


and a blue Moon ornie by Karen Harper.

I love Halloween ornies!

When I decided to redo my studio I purged a ton of art supplies.
Now my supplies remain hidden behind the purple curtain .


I am sure that within a few months I will have collected tons more creative supplies.

I have not yet designed my closet, but one day I will have it real cute so I can bring down the curtain.


Time for a coffee break don't ya think?
This dollie was a gift from the lovely artist, Zan Asha.


I love this big, ornate maybe a little gaudy lamp.



This is my desk where I create. One of the only times you will see it clean. Lol :)
The desk is open on either side, as my husband is an artist too. From time to time he creates with me in my studio.
I am still looking for two perfect chairs for the desk.


There's that lamp again...
gives me awesome lighting while i sculpt.

And, a one of a kind doll from Woodstown whimsies.



Whew, now I think, I will relax with a magazine and a fresh cup of coffee in my favorite corner beneath the funky mirror tile.

Thanks so much for stopping by the studio :)
Blessings for a Fabulous Weekend!!!

32 comments:

Love You To The Moon And Back said...

Wow Diane!!! I love your studio. The lavender is awesome.The crayons and brushes are cool. I love the way you presented the art from other artists. The chandelier is breath taking to see you use it as a ornie hanger. Very cozy..Time to relax for a sip of coffee. Nice job. Love it!!!

LLA Creations said...

Your Studio would make anyone want to create! Love everything you've done and your displays are great. Can't say enough but it took real talent to do this and this is why your art work is always a treasure to look at :)

Have a great summer!

craftyles said...

I love how you framed the windows with crayons and brushes. Brilliant! ALso love the chandelier to hang your ornies on. I like purple too, but am not brave enough to paint a space in it. Good for you!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Putting the brushes and crayons around the window frame is very unique. Looks like you have lots of whimsical fun in your creative space. Have a great weekend. Tammy

Dragonfly Treasure said...

Awesome creative Space ♥
*hugs*deb

Diane said...

Diane,

I love the window frame idea of brushes and crayons! I never would have thought of that. Love your work!

Linda said...

Oh Diane!! I knew you would create a space that would showcase your inner self. I LOVE IT!! I can see you spending hours in your beautiful sanctuary creating all those beautiful treasures and enjoying a steaming cup of coffee!

Love you!
Linda

Kathy said...

I love the black and white and the brushes around the door frames are inspired! Thank you for sharing.

Whispering Hills Studio said...

Diane....love your space! I've been so lazy lately and seeing your blog really inspires me!! Thanks for sharing!!

Tammy

La Doña said...

Thanks for stopping by. I enjoyed checking out your creative space and admire your idea to frame your windows with crayons and brushes - love lavender and purple too. Take care.

Jenny

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Love your studio, Diane! The crayons and brushes around your window were a fantastic idea and I love how you added some art there, too. Love how you display your creations and those of your friends. You have some really beautiful pieces there. Makes me wish I was creative in that way! Thanks so much for the tour!

Marijke van Ooijen said...

Hay Diane,

Your space is very special I think..
a very warm and creative space...

I love your art work...and the little doll,
I am also a doll artist..

Thanks for sharing.

Love from Marijke
www.marijkevanooijen.blogspot.com

Geralyn Gray said...

What a creative space......love how you said you did away with a lot when you redid your space......I thought I did too........but, I am ready to purge some more .....I love the way you created a quilt on the wall......makes it such warm inviting comfy corner......nice!!!!!

Karen Valentine said...

Hi Diane!! I love "artsy" your studio is! It's like your creative hand has touched every single piece of it!! It would surely make a person happy just walking in there! Thank you so much for sharing it with us for the party!!

Magic Gypsy said...

I love halloween, too - you have some great spooky stuff and nice studio, I love the window frame. The nice thing about cleaning is that it makes room for fresh clutter!

Sandy said...

Your window "frame" is brilliant, love that. Such fun and unique art too! Thank you for the tour.

Eva Agnes said...

What a lovely place to work in. Your art is special too.
I like it very much since I am great fan of Venician masks.
Hugs
Eva Agnes

StasaLynn said...

LOVE LOVE your studio! Your collections are awesome..... Thanks for sharing and I will definitely be back for inspiration.

Thanks again!
Stacey

Vicki Dutcher said...

Very creative work you do~ Love the fact you have a chair for coffee and comfort! TFS

Something Special said...

So very whimsical and wonderfully and creatively artsy! You are very talented!

maddyrose said...

After seeing this I want so badly to redecorate my studio but for now have to be content to work in this mess. You've created a wonderful room to work in. Surrounded by so many interesting things must make your imagination go into hyperdrive. Can't wait to see what you'll create first.

Helena White said...

Such a fun whimsical space and creations. Love the wall behind your chair. Thanks for sharing.

❤ ஆєℓєηα
ɱεɱσŗγ ɓσх ƈŗεąŧïσŋş

Maureen said...

Awesome studio! I too love old used brushes... Such character! Oh and the Halloween ornies are incredible!

And framing the windows with brushes and pencils? Genius!

Kristi S said...

Diane,
Thank you for sharing your lovely creative space with us..I love how you have decorated it.
I just looked at you gallery and wow!,your sculptures are beautiful: each piece has it's own personality and soul.You are a very talented artist!

Hugs,
Kristi

Rita Barakat said...

Wow I love all your dolls - you are pretty talented yourself!If I sculpted something it would look like a big blob of yuck! LOL! Purple favorite colors - love all the flourishes too, great space!

Kadee said...

We have a common bond... purging our studios of art supplies that we didn't use! With what was left we keep them out of sight (but not out of hand!) behind a door or as in your case, curtain. And I had to laugh as we both know that new supplies will come trickling in. And that is what I have been doing already. Good grief! But it's so fun to collect, isn't it? Thanks for sharing your space and would love to have you drop on by mine. Always up for a bit of chat with a new friend!

Fun With This and That said...

Girl you are very talented .Really like your ornaments.
Be safe and dream
Laura

. said...

What a great fun space, love all the special and unique different little touches throught the space. Like the ornaments and the frame work you make around the windows, cute idea. And I have to agree with you about old paint brushes, love them and I cant wait until I can unpack mine and see them again... so miss painting!!!

Great tour, thank you for sharing it with us : )

Mari

AliciaArtShop said...

Oh my gosh Diane! !! What a wonderful creative space. I hope to see it in person someday! Also thank you for including me. :) "one of a kind" looks great in your studio!

I'm excited to see all of the wonderful things you create in here. ~ Alicia. <3

A China Cupcake said...

I love your repurposed chandelier with all the art pieces hanging to display. It perfect because the figures look like the are floating and or
flying ...VERY MAGICAL !!!The mirror behind your great witch and friends also has an other wordly illusionary quality .I am going to become a follower.

fairyrocks said...

Lovely studio with just enough macabre to keep things interesting. The nice thing about being late was, I got to read your post about your sweet Grand Daughter. You do indeed have a kindred spirit in her. Keep smiling and creating, thanks for sharing.

Fun With This and That said...

Wow everyone is saying the same thing what a creative space. I like how you did the walls
Laura