Friday, May 4, 2012

hello friends,
I hope all is well in your neck of the woods.

It has been a world of chaos at our place, hectic to say the least.
Sometimes in our lives, we face the hardest decisions we ever have had to make, and my husband and I just recently faced that decision.
Our two grandchildren who recently came to live with us will be going into foster care as their needs are just to much for us and together with our other granddaughter they all havent got along whatsoever.
We grieved deeply over the decision we had to make, but know it is the right decision all the way around.
We made this decision 3 weeks ago, and on this past Wednesday the case worker found a perfect placement. He was over joyed, as he has worked with this couple in the past and was so pleased with them.
We started the transition last night. The foster mom brought herself and her three children over last evening to meet, and get to know my 2 grandchildren.
The evening was splendid, and I felt like I had known this gal forever. The kids seemed to like the whole family and they played wonderfully.
This evening they will go with the family for a couple of hours. They plan to go to McDonald's for dinner which is always a big hit for kids.
Then we will discuss when they will go move to their home.

I am so grateful for this wonderful family and I believe my grandchildren will adjust well.
As for my granddaughter that has been with us since November. She will be reuniting with her parents in June.

Though, I will miss the pidder padder and noise throughout the house, I will anxiously resume my life dream of art.


6 comments:

sassypackrat said...

Oh Diane, I can't imagine the strength it took to be able to make such a difficult decision! The ones made for the good of all are often the hardest ones.

Sonia Rodriguez said...

Diane,
I can not understand or say Ive have had to make this decision. But I can feel for you. Whe I first began getting worse being sick I had to let my child leave and go live with his Sister. And everyday that pain is there. You are doing what is best for the children and i commend you for putting the kids first.

xoxoxoxoxox

BoneyLittleFingers said...

I am certain this was a very tough decision, but I sense you know that this is the best solution. Sending a big HUG to you my BIG hearted friend! xox

MLBetterly said...

What a heart wrenching story! I can only imagine how difficult that decision was for you to make. I admire your strength. I'll keep you and your grandchildren in my thoughts. Hang in there.

Cameron said...

Oh my goodness....my heart goes out to you, Diane...but those kids are so lucky to have grandparents that love them sooooo much, that you'll let them go to a better situation!

Hugs,
Cameron

maddyrose said...

I can only imagine how hard it was for you to make this decision. When it comes to our children and grandchildren we want only the best for them. We have no way of knowing how things will turn out so we never know for sure if we're making the right decisions. I hope your grandchildren know how much you love them.
Hugs