Monday, December 12, 2011

Still here and Checking in!


Hi Friends! Are you all busy, busy into the holiday season?

I thought I had better check in to let you all know I'm still around.
My art for the 2011' year has come to a quiet stop.
I'm taking time away from my own creating to re-generate my creative brain for the new year.

However, my hubby has been busily working on oodles of orders and I am his little assistant ;) I LOVE being his assistant...

This year will be a different, but a very nice year for us.
We decided as a family not to exchange gifts for the adults and to focus on just the little ones in our lives.
This takes so much unnecessary pressure off the ones who may be struggling this year.
Can I just say that once we all agreed to this, a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders and I have been able to smile and focus on the true meaning of Christmas.

We plan to gather round and have a wonderful Christmas dinner together.
Then if everyone is not to tired after the meal, watch " The Christmas Story ".
Sounds Splendid!

What are your plans this Christmas?

6 comments:

Linda said...

That's a great plan! I'm sure it will be a beautiful day full of what is important...LOVE!!

I will be thinking of you!
Love and Light to you all
~Linda

Incipient Wings said...

Sounds perfect Diane!
Have a great day.
Marfi

maddyrose said...

Your plans sound very much like ours. What gifts I am giving will be things that I'm making. Candles, baked goods and candy. I'm not sure which movie we'll end up watching. Warm wishes for a happy holiday.

Zan Asha said...

Hi Dianie!!

Wow, your house seems to be doing what we are doing too...I've one more art piece I am finishing today, and then I am done for the year, so lots less running around!

Also, we decided not too give gifts (we have FAAAR too many things here, anyway)! And this has made the season SO much more enjoyable!

Happy Holidays, my friend! :)

Cameron said...

We do the same thing...just give to the kids....it really does make the Holidays more manageable.
And, heck, it is all about them...haha!

I'm trying to get in the studio more since it's been so hard to get any time to myself....it will be harder now that Maggie will be out of school for 3 weeks! CRazy!

Hope your Holiday is Merry and Bright!!
Hugs,
Cameron

Faerie Moon Creations said...

I love your plans for the holiday, Diane. Sometimes the quietest times are the best. We're actually watching Christmas Story tonight - can't wait. We'll be headed to my parents' for the big day - and feasting upon Italian food and the gingerbread trifle I'm bringing for dessert. Merry Christmas to you and yours, Diane! xoxo