Friday, December 16, 2011

Secret Santa

Tuesday evening as Alan and I were
watching TV, I received a phone text. The text came from a computer and it said, " 12 days of Christmas starts tonight, check your front porch, Merry, merry Christmas".

I was confused.. for a moment.. I then read it to Alan, we looked at each other puzzled, then he checked the front porch.. he came running back and said there is something on the porch. We both scurried to the front door peeking out at the gift. My gosh, this has never happened to us and it was like we both didn't dare to pick it up as if we were doing something wrong.

I went out and picked up the beautiful gift. It had a note attached to a cute as the dickens popcorn tin and a wonderful cheery Merry Christmas metal sign.

Our hearts were immediately filled so big with good feelings that I cant begin to articulate, I couldn't hold back the tears...

I ran downstairs to share with the rest of the family, as Alan hung the Merry Christmas sign..

Like so many others, this has been the toughest year we as a family has ever faced, and to know a family out there is so caring and giving, it fills our hearts with Love, joy and gratitude.

The Secret Santa family has been back every night bearing gifts of love on our front porch..

in return, we hope to share this kindness and love with a family next Christmas.

9 comments:

~Tonya said...

Unexpected little things like that mean more than most will ever know. How very kind, generous, and thoughtful someone is. "Secret Santa" must think an awful lot of you and wanted to put a smile on your face.

In life, its the little things that matter and mean so much. Enjoy the moments, the season, and the MAGIC that Christmas holds.

Wishing you and your family a Most Joyous Holiday Season, Diane.

Hugs,
Tonya

Linda said...

Oh that is so wonderful. We had it done to us one year when the girls were little...It was so exciting! We have done it almost every year since and it gives you a special kind of feeling in your heart. We are doing it to our neighbor and his family this year, the kids always look a little sad. It's the first time we have done it for a family we don't know and it's a totally different experience...LOVE IT!!

Have a wonderous day!

sassypackrat said...

Oh how wonderful! You are truly deserving of such a lovely gift filled countdown.

Lisa Nelson's Art said...

What a nice surprise! You have no idea who it is? I think I'd be peeking thru the curtains every night! Yes, I'd be on the naughty list for sure. You must feel so loved and that's what Christmas is all about. Happy Holidays and a very Merry Christmas to you and yours! Lisa

Faerie Moon Creations said...

How wonderful, Diane!!! :) I was near tears reading your tale. It is heartening that there is so much joy and kindness this season. Enjoy the graciousness of your Secret Santa family. I hope you and your family have a beautiful and peaceful holiday!

Cameron said...

What a wonderful story...always glad to know that the spirit of the season is alive!

Merry Christmas!

idrawpix said...

I love this! These truly are gifts -- given without expectations or reasons and with the whole heart! You are being blessed this Christmas! Thanks for sharing. :)

Bonnie Jones said...

What a heart warming story...I am sure it meant so much to you and your family...Merry Christmas and wishing for a wonderful Year in 2012...God bless.
Bonnie

Lisa said...

Merry Christmas!
I love this post! it's in the true spirit of Christmas, and I think I shall use it and pass it along.
I love it!

hugs for a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year!