Saturday, November 12, 2011

Art Day Saturday!

Happy Saturday!

Well by golly I was up early, early!
I have been so excited to do a project with my mom and my niece.
We moved art day Saturday over to my Mama's house, as my house is now full of the pidder padders of tiny feet and hands that like to get into everything.
And I mean EVERYTHING!!
Can you just imagine? Lol...




I am sure most of you have seen these fabulous coffee filter wreaths around blogland..
This gal has a great tutorial if you want to make one too. Oh, and she has other fun things to do and make for the home, on her blog.. you can visit her here.

And that is what we are making today at my Mama's house.

I procrastinated though, on my homework until the last minute, so at 3 am. I'm coffee dying coffee filters.. And guess who comes popping upstairs one by one at 3 am? Yes, the grankiddos..

Usually i greet the little stinkers with a big warm smile, this time I was like, SCREAM!!! What in the world are you doing up??? it's the middle of the night...They looked at me all puzzled, as I warmed each of them up some milk.. and scuffled them back downstairs..Thank heavens for DVD's .

What I love about these Wreaths is they are a year round wreath.
Each season you can add what I call "a little Finesse", and you have instant Holiday festiveness!!
Don't you just love what Lucy added to her wreath for the Autumn season?

Sure hope you will join us, and have a fantastic time making a coffee filter wreath today!

10 comments:

sassypackrat said...

Looks like a fun project! I was up early to the patter of my youngest nephew's feet but I wanted to get an early start today anyway!

Georgina said...

Dianie, thanks for the first giggle of the morning!! I can imagine your little sweeties not only looking puzzled, but feeling the same..."Grandma's up, so why is she so upset with us??" Just too cute!

Love the filter wreath. Going over to your friend's blog in a bit and check it out.

Hope you're having a great Saturday and continue having a wonderful weekend.

xxoo,
Georgina

Faerie Moon Creations said...

I SO want to create one of these, too! Thanks for sharing the inspiration for today. It's so good to be back visiting with you...Happy weekend!!!

Lisa said...

Well shoot I'll have to go and get some filters! If I make coffee, they'll already get stained...lot of coffee drinking, I'll have to check out the link! Good grief I missed a lot of posts, I want to see the Santa, hurry!

try to get some rest, when do you sleep, or don't you?
lots of hugs,

Love You To The Moon And Back said...

Hey can't wait to see how your coffee filter wreath turns out. I checked out your friends site and they are sweet!Enjoy your art day with your mom and niece. Cute idea. Take Care:)

Cameron said...

How is it they always know someone is up?! Haha!

I do love those wreaths I've seen....can't wait to see how yours turns out!

Maggie said...

I love the coffee filter wreath! Hmmm... to think I've been throwing my used filters away. They could be wrinsed and used too, couldn't they? Or do you only use coffee dyed new ones? Very interesting, either way.

AliciaArtShop said...

LOVE these! I'm going to spend some more time here and then head over to the tutorial you gave...thanks. ~Alicia ♥

AliciaArtShop said...

I want to come to an "Art Day Saturday"!

AliciaArtShop said...

you have a GREAT blog! I linked over to Craftberry Bush and it is a wonderful find too. Have a great day ~Alicia