Thursday, October 6, 2011

When it's cold outside...

It's a cold Winterey day here in Northern Utah, well pretty much the entire state I do think. Yes you heard me right, I did say WINTERY !
This really isn't anything unusual for us, this time of year here in the Beehive State. Once the storm passes we could very well go back up to the 70's and 80's.


With this cold wet weather brought big ol' snowflake kissed ideas dancing around in my head, so I thought I'd better act quickly on it, and make some silly little snowmen for my ever,ever so shamefully bare Etsy Shop.
I will surely share my little snowmen in a day or two, when they are ready for the shop.

I do also love to cook, especially on days like this...
It has to be Something yummy, comforting and surely something to warm the ol' tummy and heart.

My first thought this morning was a big pot of BEEF STEW. Mmmmmm.. but, then I thought maybe my fam doesn't appreciate soups as much as I do, and thier eyeballs may roll back into thier head if they see another bowl of soup in front of them, since that is what I've been cooking lately. I thought I'd have mercy on their sweet souls and I'd be a sweetheart of a domestic goddess and make a Casserole.
I decided on;

Sloppy Joe Bake

Ingredients

  • 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
  • 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) sloppy joe sauce
  • 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
  • 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
  • 2 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 1 cup 2% milk
  • 1 tablespoon sesame seeds

Directions

  • In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in sloppy joe sauce. Transfer to a lightly greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with cheese.
  • In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, eggs and milk just until blended. Pour over cheese; sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Looks scrumptious & easy peasy to me! Now, I'm all freed up to pamper my snowmen with paint,glitter and accessories :)

I found this recipe at allrecipes.com

Have a wonderfully warm & cozy day :)

~Diane

4 comments:

Cameron said...

We had a rainy day yesterday....and today is crisp, bright and cool!!! I'm loving it!!

Your soups and casserole idea has been on my mind, too.....I'm thinking it's time for me to roast a chicken....then make a soup out of him after we pick him clean :)

I am happy to see you doing more clay work! I was just going to ask you if you were working on anything new.....and bam! Here is your post!
Can't wait to see them all gussied up!

Warm hugs on a wintery day,
Cam

maddyrose said...

It's on the cold side here today as well. I guess great minds think alike because my first thought for dinner today is beef stew but unlike you I'm going to follow through and make it. I'll serve it with biscuits. I can't wait to see your snowmen. I l-o-v-e snow people and have made a few of my own. From what I can see so far I think I like the style so hurry up and finish so we can see. ;^)

Zan Asha said...

Wow! Meanwhile it's 80 degrees here in NYC! Whoa! Winter will hit soon enough! Can't wait to see your snowmen...and sounds like you have a mighty tasty recipe on your hands! :)

AliciaArtShop said...

Cold here too! On the way to the elementary school we were passing cars with 3-4 inches of snow on them! I'm glad I moved off the mountain top before this winter.

Your recipe sounds delicious :) I've been using my crock pot for the last 2 weeks so I can have all the time I want to paint. ~hugs Alicia♥