Friday, October 14, 2011

Mornin'




Good Morning my friends..
I hope your day is going better then you had ever imagined :)

My day has been " Splendid " ( I like that word, it just sums it up in a good way ).
I mentioned , quite a few posts ago, that I was trying to loose some ( well, a lot ) of UN-wanted poundage..
I'm not doing it to look " HOT " no, not at all...
I just want to do it for me... to Feel better, to be here on this earth longer, and to watch my grandchildren, have children of their own.
And....if in the process of all this, I end up looking " HOT " I'll just have to accept it ;)

The last time I gave an update, I was 199...
since then, I've been back on my worst weight gainer enemy, Prednisone.
But, I can proudly say I've only gained 1 pound and I generally gain between 10-15.
So far so good!
It seems I've been gathering healthy recipes from every corner of this earth lately, like a crazed monster.

This "ONE" is simple ( I LOVE SIMPLE) and I wanted to share with you.
I'm sure you probably already know this recipe, but just in case you forgot, I wanted to tie a string around your finger to remember.

With the apple harvest abundant right now, I thought this would be the best little snack*er*rooni, if you are a snacker*doo.

Also, This gal has a nice keep your diet real blog healthy eating blog.
She's fun and witty too.

For some yummy apple slices.
Slice yer apple and core it. Or core it and slice it???
Spread on a lush layer of peanut butter, sprinkle with pecans, rolled oats and some semi-sweet chocolate chips.
great snack full of protein, good carbs & fiber :)

and healthy ;)

Have a great day!!!



5 comments:

Georgina said...

Hey Girl, you and I are on the same mission. I started this week...went to Zumba classes on Wed. and yesterday, machines...today, I can't hardly move, but will be going to my next Zumba class in about an hour.

Like you, I'm at a point in my life where I'm doing this for health reasons, no others, but it will be nice to shop for regular size clothes someday...I'm giving myself a year and half since my metabolism is almost non-existent!! I too want to stick around to see my grandbabies grow to adulthood...dance at their college graduations and weddings!! LOL

So we're in this together and congrats on only gaining that one lb. Those steroids are awful...sorry you have to take them, but hang in there...we can do this, Dianie!!

xxoo,
Georgina

Love You To The Moon And Back said...

Diane, I like this snack*er*roonie and I am a snacker*do. LOL Thanks for sharing this snacker. I will have to try it. It does look yummy. You should try peanut butter and pickle sandwiches. MiCayla got me addicted to them. They sound gross but are very tasty. Have a GREAT day! Love, Peg

Faerie Moon Creations said...

Well, hello there! This post made me smile because it's just overflowing with HAPPY. :) That little snack looks healthy and yummy. So glad you are being able to now regulate your weight. The key is healthiness. :) Hope you have a wonderful weekend, Dianie!!! xoxo

Zan Asha said...

Ooooh, I like this little snack recipe. I've had problems with weight in the past.

I am rooting for you, I know it's a toughie sometimes, but you can do it!! :)

maddyrose said...

I've been trying to loose the same 50 pounds for the past 15 years with the same results. Now it seems instead of remaining the same weight no matter what I eat I've now put more weight on. Now it's 60 pounds I need to loose. UGH!!!