Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Feeling a Little Christmas-y!


Hello there Kindred's,
Well I'm not sure how
, when or why, but the ol' Christmas spirit has snuck in under my skin!
Maybe, possibly it could be that my daughter and I have been working on some awesome Christmas gifts after the wee ones are tucked in, and fast asleep..
We kinda feel like elves...we will work until 3 am, then back up at 7 am to get Kasen off to school... yep, we are crazy little Elves :)


While that Christmas spirit is running wild through my veins, I couldn't help but to create a Santa. LOVE SANTA'S (in a singing voice).

This one is a bit different though...



I have fallen in love with mixed media and thought I would experiment on Santas Hat.

FUN!!!!!!!!! ( In a Singing Voice ).


I used gorgeous blue and tan papers, glitters & chalks. I added a few handmade tiny flowers as well.
I was tickled with how this Santa turned out..
O' I forgot to mention that he is a gourd.. a dipper gourd ;)

He would make a nice addition or gift for the Santa Ornament collector..

I just listed him on Ebay, if you would like to see more or adopt him just click here.

Thanks so much for stopping by to read my ramblings and see my newest Santa.

Wishing you all a wonderful evening.

8 comments:

Faerie Moon Creations said...

He is just awesome! I love him. Normally, I don't want to see CHristmas goodies right now - but he's just great. I love how you incorporated some mixed media elements into the piece!!!

sassypackrat said...

He's wonderful! Love the colors!

Love You To The Moon And Back said...

Wow!!! Love your Santa. He is cute or should I say handsome cute? Nice Job!!Love all your work Diane.

maddyrose said...

Diane, this Santa is wonderful. I love everything about him from the colors to the look on his sweet face.

Lisa said...

Hey, you just ramble away! I love, love love this Santa! Better than great job!!!! Maybe those elfie nights, are your inspiration...makes you feel Santa-ish! Do you notice that when you love doing something, the creating works better?

xoxoxox
lisa

Sheryl Parsons said...

He's incredible Diane! Love the colors! I'm getting so tired of red, I've gone black on my next Santa. That blue and tan combo is sure lovely. :-)

AliciaArtShop said...

BEAUTIFUL ! Mixed media is addicting. I love him ♥

PlumCat Art said...

He is just beautiful and happy Santa! Love using mixed media too!