Monday, September 26, 2011

The Autumn Witch

Delicious Autumn!

My very soul is wedded to it,

and if I were a bird

I would fly around the Earth

Seeking all the successive Autumns...
George Eliot

I had an incredibly splendid time creating this Autumn Witch for my front porch.
I have been working on my Fall decorating.. I kinda got a little bummed when my large finial and Angel was stolen, but not for long... I started digging in my arts & craft supplies and found this doll head that I acquired from the beauty college. With a little paint, crackle medium, silk fall leaves & Glitter you can make anything.
She was easy to create, just let your imagination flow. Oh, and the best part was it took 2 1/2 hours to create, most of that being drying time for the paint and crackle.
My porch will be totally non-traditional.. I am leaning for mystical, magical in a creepy spooky kinda way look...
Tomorrow, the grand-kiddlings are helping me make some bats
(they
don't know it yet ).
If it turns out the way i hope, I will have Mr.Mac takes some pics.

Oh, and by the way...From now until Halloween i will be sleeping in the swing with my sling shot just in case the porch burglar strikes again.. I've been practicing with the hubster ;)
(just kiddin')
I am linking up for Fabulous Friday over at Faith, Trust, & a Little Pixie Dust click here!

7 comments:

MLBetterly said...

Oh the crackle goodness! She's beautiful! No wonder people are snatching your decorations! ;)

Cameron said...

She is Gorgeous! I hope no one tries any funny business this go round....but if they do...may they be struck right between the eyes! Haha!

What a lively fairy Grandmama you are :)

maddyrose said...

I love this witch. You're brilliant!! I haven't started decorating my porch yet as I still need to sweep and wash it all down. Maybe today's the day I get to it. I hope the bats turn out and we get to see the porch once you've finished decorating.

AliciaArtShop said...

Oh my gosh!! This is beautiful Diane :) You create such amazing pieces of art. I wish we were neighbors so I could see this in person. I LOVE it!! ~Alicia ♥

Faerie Moon Creations said...

Diane, this is really and truly stunning!!!! She is GORGEOUS.

Faith, Trust, and a Little Pixie Dust said...

What a fabulous, one-of-a-kind work of art. I love the "sleeping on the porch with a sling shot" part. Can't wait to see the photos of the whole porch decorated.

Warmly, Michelle

Heather H. said...

OMG I am just loving her...