Saturday, August 13, 2011

WITCH is your favorite...

Halloween character?
Ghosts, Goblins, monsters & more.
It is always an exciting time of year for so many Halloween fanatics, anticipating that spooky moonlit night, and what you might wear!

My favorite character since I can remember was the Witch!


When the air turned crisp, I knew it wouldn't be long before I'd be picking out my Halloween mask...


I believe my fascination with Witches began with this old gal...
Witchie poo.. She was a colorful character and I was fascinated with her from head to toe.. I would study every little detail of her witchie attire, right down to her striped stockings!

Although the fascination.. she did scare me just a little... I think it was her long crooked nose. But still she is my favorite Witch to this day!


There was no Witch that spooked me more then this famous old hag...and she still scares me to this day..lol

Three friends.. unaware of their Witchie powers they possessed..
Until this devilish character arrives into their lives...


I loved this story of the "Witches of Eastwick"


but not nearly as much as this tale, and I think many will agree... Practical Magic is magic every time you watch it !


I guess by now it is no surprise that when I create Halloween art that Witches are probably my favorite to create...
from redheaded Witches to..

Old hags with a little flare...

Whimsical & magical Witches...

and pretty lil' Witches...


and some not so obvious little Witches...

What is your favorite childhood Halloween character?

2 comments:

maddyrose said...

Well, duh....it's witches of course. Now that I am an old crone, I love them even more. "Practical Magic", "The Witches of Eastwick" and "Hocus Pocus" are some of my favorite movies and I don't wait until Halloween to watch them either. I love your witchy little creations. They are absolutly wonderful.

Faerie Moon Creations said...

I always love dressing as a witch. I love wearing pointy hats, striped stockings and little boots. I remember HR Puff'n'Stuff! That show was fun! And I adore the film Practical Magic - there is a blog party going on September 26th!!! :)