Monday, June 13, 2011


Yesterday morning... a most beautiful...peaceful Sunday morning... The dark clouds were threatening rain... I didn't feel a single drop though, as I made my way very slowly out to the swing to drink my morning coffee and watch the Dandelions grow...


Although I felt a little better when I woke up, it still took me a good 15 minutes to catch my breath from the short walk to the swing...
I came down with strep over a week ago, then it traveled to my lungs, asthma always complicates things a bit, and this time it has really knocked the zap-o-la right outta me... I've never had to fight and gasp for air this badly, where I have secretly wondered to myself if this was the end.. will I ever get better??
I tend to get myself worked up, so I decided I would just relax.. drink my coffee and read some magazines for a bit of inspiration.


But then , what generally happens when you start finding inspiration...
It makes me get inspired & I start drifting off into dreamland with ideas bouncing off of every little nook and cranny of my brain.



Keeping in my mind that this years motto for our home is to use what you have..
I decided to try to tackle a very, very small project!
I can tell you small isn't small enough when you cant breathe..
My part #1 of this project,To create a walkway pass through for the kids and mail man to cut across our yard, probably should have taken at the tops 1 hour for the non-sickly-poo type of person... Holy smokes...
Yep folks, 4 hours later, and I have managed to raked out a 3x3 ft. space and add some very old tongue & groove planking and a few pavers..
A girl has to break to breathe...

On either side of the little walkway pass through, I have added triple layers of weed & grass landscaping barrier.. I started adding stone and river rock..
Although, I was only able to accomplish part #1 of my tiny project, it felt SOOOOOOOO good to at least accomplish a little.

Today is much like yesterday...clouds, cool air, and I can here a few rain drops by the window as I type...
I'm thinking part #2 ???

Wishing you all a great Monday and one heck of fun week!

2 comments:

Incipient Wings said...

oh!
what a great idea, and what a great accomplishment for you:)
i have asthma too, I'm so sorry you are feeling ill at the moment...
I hope you get better very soon and keep us posted on your progress.
-marfi

Diane MacNaughtan * Dianie Mac * said...

Marfi,
Thanks for stopping by my blog..
I'm sorry you have asthma as well..
cant wait to be on top again, then I can finish step #2 ;)

~Diane