Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Oh... one of those days ?

As I meander through the always interesting path of life, one thing that I have come to realize is that, those super duper fantastical & magical days we have just would not exist if we didn't have.... OH, ONE OF THOSE DAYS !!!!

Yep, I had one yesterday... I had a FULL plate for my own errands & chores. Within an hour into my morning coffee, my phone ring- a-linging a tune,what seemed to be every five minutes, I knew my own agenda would not be fulfilled..

All a girl can really do in that situation is to close her eyes, take a deep breath, let go AND.........

BELIEVE IN MAGIC!




Look at this little Fairy... isn't she the most precious ever?

She is my youngest granddaughter... and she got bit yesterday by a nasty, mean Hobo Spider..right on her itty bitty arm.. I was so mad at that spider!
It is a nasty looking bite, that will get even nastier.... poor little Fairy Rylie...Grandma loves you XOXO!


After having Oh, one of those days...
I thought it would be extra nice to relax on the computer. I am having a luncheon today for my Father in-law and his wife..
Why, oh why do I always get nervous when I entertain???
To help ease my COOKING nervousness.. I always turn to the amazing Tina over at Mommys Kitchen! She is hands down my ultimate favorite cook & cooking site!
If you are darn hungry and you want to cook some GOOD down home meals, oh and maybe WOW your guests, then visit Mommy's Kitchen :)

I am making Meaty Taco Soup ;) tortilla chips, cornbread, a variety of fresh melons for dessert and I thought we would have Cactus Coolers to drink.




Since my recent diagnosis COPD disease, I have sat back and thought about a lot of things. One thing that has inspired me and touched a piece of my heart is, simple acts of kindness.. the things that people do for other people just because...
A few months ago, I happened across my friend Marfi's blog Incipient Wings. I LOVE her blog it is one of my magical places to escape to and be inspired.. Anyways..Marfi is one of those people.. she gives without anything in return..
Every Friday she takes one of her magical works of art and leaves it at some random place in her town.. Can you imagine finding such a special treasure? Especially if you were feeling blue that day, or feeling alone or just having a good day, and your magical find made it even that much better!


I have "been saying" I was going to do this...So I'm taking the "BEEN" out of saying and I'm doing this :)
I come to realize there isn't any time in this life for shoulda, woulda, coulda's.. follow your dreams...inspire others and put a smile on someone's face.
I have been working on my very 1st Guerrilla Friday random acts of art..

Check back Saturday to see what I'm leaving behind, to put a smile on a special someone's day :)

Gracious..................... I was long winded ;)

3 comments:

Georgina said...

Dianie, hope you little angel fairy is doing better...how awful to get bitten by a nasty ol' spider...those hurt too!

I too love Marfi...she's a breath of fresh air. I have one of her creations, an adorable skellie ballerina and oh yes, a Dia de los Muertos hand-made purse. We were paired off last year over at Zan Asha's doll exchange. I received the package during the Christmas holidays and her dollie was prominently placed under my Christmas tree...she livened up that corner of the living room.

Take care and enjoy the rest of your week.

Faerie Moon Creations said...

What a great post! I love your new creation - I DO believe in magic! I'm sorry to hear your sweet little faerie got bit by a spider. I am NOT a fan of them. I love Marfi's spirit and her beautiful work. She is very talented and kind, and I'm happy to call her friend! Take care of yourself and get all the rest you need. :) xox

Diane MacNaughtan * Dianie Mac * said...

Hi ladies, thanks for stopping by my blog.
Yes, Marfi is the sweetest ever.. I am so happy to know her :)
Little Fairy Rylie is doing just fine. Her spider bite is healing well without skin erosians or complications.. what a blessing.

Wish you all a great weekend!
~Diane