Tuesday, May 24, 2011

WIP-ing things up!

A week of rainy, and much cooler weather, has temporarily taken me away from my porch project to the cozy indoor warmth of my studio. It is a good thing that it has been rainy because I tend to loose track of time, and just around the corner are several upcoming deadlines.. Thanks for saving my butt Mr. Rain ;)
I've had a blast working with my new sculpting tools as I was down to my fingernail and a straight pin for my tools.
The above pics are some creations I am working on for the Queens Bootique and Ebay. I have added bodies to the spooky heads since this pic, but I think I will save the end results to share just before they become available for purchase.


I thought I would share this pic of a WIP. I purchased both the wooden mask and the cool tray at a second hand store. When I took the wooden mask up to the cash register, the clerk was totally freaked out by it. She told me it was SOoooo scary, and I said with oodles of excitement "Yes it is, I love it " She looked at me like I was the Devil in disguise . I had to chuckle to myself, little does she know that I am a Halloween artist and will transform the mask into something even more spookier..BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
I loved the tray and could not pass it up. I have given it a base coat, and am anxious to paint a Hallo*Weeny design.

Wishing you all a fun and creative day!

2 comments:

Love You To The Moon And Back said...

Diane, I can't wait to see your finished creations. I am sure you will make that spooky mask scream. LOL Love your work. Peggy

idrawpix said...

WIPs are so much fun! I'm glad you are "stuck" in your studio creating and cannot wait to see the finished pieces!
Thanks for sharing -- even the very spooky mask!