Saturday, May 14, 2011

Nannie Dianie Retires!

My little Angels is what I call them! They are certainly a gift from heaven. My Hubby and I, have taken care of the middle three since they were newborn bundles of joy.. Four days a week they fill our quiet house with giggles & laughter, pidder pattering of feet, and at times a bit of crying. They bring much joy to my Hubby and I. This pic is my favorite, it was taken on a Sunday dinner day, and I had over indulged in sooo much good food that I had to lay down for just a minute before even thinking of doing the dishes, within minutes, one by one, my little Angels joined me.
As times are tough for so many right now, it is also true for my household.. I've had to make a very difficult decision based on several issues, one being that I need more time to create art, and sell art to contribute our finances, more time to keep my house and yard up, and mostly which is the hardest and most painful to admit, is my deteriorating knees.
I spoke with my daughters the other day to let them know that in a month I would not be watching the little ones anymore.
It was the hardest thing I had to do in quite awhile. The daughter that I thought would take the news the best.. cried. I felt so bad :(
I will miss having the little ones running through the house on a week to week basis, but will definitely look forward to their monthly sleepover at Grandma and Grandpa's.

1 comment:

~Tonya said...

What a precious picture Diane! You all look so happy.

I am sure it was a hard decision, but with me, I have three children, and not as little as them...

Before attending school, I had a hard time getting things done. So, I know how it is is. Now, I don't get any creating done :( I miss it. But when I do have time now, I am creatively stifled.

You must do what is best for you. You have a great weekend.

Cheers,
Tonya