Sunday, May 8, 2011

Fresh air...

We had a lovely week of Spring weather... I am not so sure what the temps were, but all I know, is it was warm & beautiful!

I have been anxiously awaiting for the temps to be warm enough to sink my fingers into the dirt, and that is just what I did on Friday morning :) I have many flower beds to clean out, spiff up and prepare for new flowers and bark.
My goal was to get the front flower bed done on Friday, minus the planting of the flowers and bark.. I'll do the planting after Memorial day ;)

I had to get a little creative and repaint a few of my garden and yard decor'. I am sticking with the "use what you have" motto as much as possible this year, so I went down to the storage room, dug real deep and found some spray paint..

And when my husband came home from work he said 3 words, " Everything's real Yellow" Then my mother came over to visit and she said one word " YELLOW" I am re- thinking the use what you have motto..lol...
Needless to say, I spent art day Saturday toning down all the yellow....?????

We will get back to that on another post :)

Wishing you all a wonderful week!

3 comments:

Georgina said...

Love yellow!! Garden is looking good. Personally, I hate gardening...blame it on my parents. When I was kid, I was the only one who wasn't allergic to weeds, so guess who was sent out there practically every day to pull those nasty milk weeds and other wild stuff that had no bidness growing in the garden! LOL I have my little plants, though. Love growing my own herbs, so hopefully, they'll start showing the tops of their heads this week.

Have a great week.

xxoo,
Georgina

Lisa said...

I can see you had a great Mothers Day,...haven't they heard that yellow is happy! You are my Sunshine! Just stain them out, and they'll look weathered! Ha! Back to pulling weeds, myself!

Lots of hugs,
Lisa

Diane MacNaughtan * Dianie Mac * said...

Georgina, Thanks for stopping by :)
I ran over my dad's pine trees that were seedlings, with the lawnmower...after that I was banned from yard work..lol :)

Lisa,
Thanks for the advice ;) I toned the yeller down and it looks great!
pic's coming soon;)

~Diane