Monday, May 30, 2011

A Day of Remembrance

And I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free, and I won't forget the men who died, who gave that right to me and I'll proudly stand next to him to defend her still today, 'cuz there ain't no doubt I love this land, god bless the USA. -Lee Greenwood

A day of remembrance to those who lost their lives for our Freedom, and to our loved ones who soar in the heavens... We honor you on this day.

My dear old dad, I remember you quietly in my heart.
You left me a gift of your memories, and little bundles of your wisdom that are unveiled to me each day, just in case I need to understand what life brings my way.

It saddens me at times that I cant lay flowers on your grave, as you were laid to rest so very far away. But, here is my favorite picture of you and me, taken not long before you were swept up to the heavens... I still try to understand, but I suppose that is how it was meant to be.
I love you dad!

No comments: