Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I'm Hooked!

**~~~*~~~"Art is an experience"~~~*~~~**
My sister-in-law, Linda "Linda's Creative Niche" picked up a crochet needle several weeks before Christmas. I was, and still am AMAZED at her natural talent with this art. She has made so many cute treasures from hats, scarfs, baby sacks and more...
She encouraged me to give it a try.. well, I want to try everything you know, but I was skeptical to begin to learn something knew, as I have sworn to myself to focus on my sculpted creations as I am EASILY distracted..lol.. She continued to tell me how relaxing it is.. Okay, okay.. she didn't have to twist my arm too long.. My next trip to Wally World, I picked up a crochet hook and a thingy of yarn..
WELL All I CAN SAY IS.... I'M HOOKED!!!!!!! I have made a what I call the UGLY DUCK Coffee cup cozie and a little thank you gift, pocket purse for a wonderful customer & collector and I am now working on a fun, cute and Funky purse for my granddaughter to put away for Christmas next year.
ARE you wondering where the pics are of my projects? I will show you in a day or two.. even my UGLY DUCK coffee cozie... I am still working on the purse for my granddaughter and it has a sweet surprise that comes with it..
So when it is complete, I will show*n*tell....
I have found this ART to be extremely relaxing. Often, I cannot sleep, I will be up until 3 0r 4 in the morning working in my studio.. With crocheting an hour in the evening, curled up with a cozy blanket, I can wind down and be in bed before midnight.
I know many of you, already practice the art of crocheting,but if you have never tried it, I would encourage you to pick up a hook and a thingy of yarn and "GET HOOKED"!

10 comments:

Caroline said...

I have yet to try crocheting or knitting, they seem to hard for my brain to conquer--lol!

Prairie Patch said...

I've been wanting to try to learn to crochet or knit. I know someone in my little town here who is great at crocheting. Maybe she'll teach me. My son learned how to knit when he was at a Waldorf School for a few years but, alas, if you don't use it, you lose it. He has no idea how to knit now.

Diane MacNaughtan * Dianie Mac * said...

I should have mentioned on my post, that on You-tube there are some really great tutorials :)

~diane

Linda said...

hahaha...I am hooked too Dianie, I have been making everything I can think of making...I Love that you gave it a try and are finding it relaxing. I have a few ideas to share with you on Saturday Craft~N~Coffee day. can't wait to see your purse...and your ugly duck coffee cup cozy is cuter than cute!!
Love your guts!!

Jane said...

Hi Diann,
Thanks for stopping by today. I have never learned how to crochet. I took a needlecraft class in high school many moons ago....I'm left handed and my right handed teacher couldn't figure out how to teach me....so I just knitted!
Glad you're having fun with it.
Jane

LV said...

Good luck on your crocheting. I never learned to do that. I love all crochet and have lots of it. I put it out on my tables.

Prim2Pink said...

I just found a set of crochet hooks in my craftroom the other day and thought to myself "You haven't used these in forever".
There are so many different crafts that I love to do and never enough time to do them all. So I go through spurts of just painting or quilting or mosaicing. I think I feel the Crocheting spurt coming on. LOL

Judy

Faerie Moon Creations said...

Congrats, Diane! Have tons of fun. Can't wait to see some of your little creations. I can knit rather well, but I am all butter-fingers when it comes to crochet! Go figure! Have a great week! Theresa

dragonmamma said...

I'm old enough to have been in high school when Home Economics was a required course for girls. Crocheting was part of the curriculum, but we never made it past granny squares. I had a whole bunch that never got connected, and then I think I tossed them.

I see so many cool crocheted items in the Etsy shops that I'm tempted to take it up again. It will be a little tricky to find someone who can show it to me left-handed.

Zan Asha said...

Hi Diane! Yes, I love crochet, too. Knitting, not so much--too many pattern variations there, I think. It's always fun to try new things, isn't it? I'm doing that with wood burning, now. Good Stuffs! Hugs and Happy New Year!