Sunday, December 19, 2010

And five days eight hours to go.. I need a little of Santa's magic dust!

Hi All!!! yep it's me, long lost Dianie... Course, I really don't look this chipper ( I had to photo shop the sweet smile and rosier cheeks on) Yes, just FIVE DAYS TIL CHRISTMAS, SCREAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!
I have been flat down since Tuesday evening with the fever, gombu flu that decided to take up it's final residence in my lungs.. just when i would think I could make it to my studio and work on the awaiting commissions & gifts on my table, I would be to weak and fevered up again..I think I have watched every Christmas show ever made. LET THERE BE LIGHT! .. Today a glimmer of Hope!!! I woke up feeling better then I have in days.. more strength, I still cough till I nearly pass out, but I can deal with that :)
NOW, If anyone knows where I can get my hands on some of Santa's MAGIC DUST oh, I would be most grateful, because I have got to pull some magic out of my hat to get semi caught up. Thanks for lending your ear while I whine :) Now onto some FUN NEWS!



Here and there over the years I have had fleeting thoughts of submitting my art to a magazine.. However, it always seemed I would miss a deadline or something of the sorts would come up. I believe so many of you are familiar with this well thought out and beautifully done collectors magazine, Celebrate 365. It is a lovely and informative magazine for the ornament collector, featuring amazing Folk artists and well known ornament designers such as Radko, etc;
Well, I can tell you that I did submit one of my ornaments to the magazine this past Fall and I recently, was drop down, roll all over the floor excited to find out that my "Americas Santa" was accepted to be in the Magazine. I saw the page he is on which page 22 he sits among some of the finest Santa's and Holiday ornaments created by other Top notch Folk Artist's.
All I can say is.... that, it is SUCH a great pleasure and I am truly honored.




Here is a peek of my " America's Santa" he will be available for purchase from the Winter 2o1o issue, that will be out December 22nd.

8 comments:

Ⓙaη @ ฿◎ßßƴ℘ḯη❝﹩ ℬ◎aґdẘαʟк ツ said...

Diane, I am so totally thrilled for you! You are so dedicated to your art and always put so much of yourself into your projects. What an honor. I imagine that this will also help you feel better, huh? Take care so that you are all well by Christmas, and FRAME THAT PAGE!!! Congratulations!

sheila said...

So sorry you are sick!! Your Santa is FAB ulous! Congratulations and Merry CHRISTmas!

cottageprims said...

Feel Better sweetie always hits when you need to do so much.On the brighter side congratulations on the magazine.I don't know why you would ever second guess you have sooooo much talent.Now get a little more rest it looks like your gonna be on a christmas whirlwind the next few days.Warm Blessings!~Amy

Georgina said...

Diane, many, many congratulations on your being published...what a great honour and accomplishment!!

Sorry to hear you're down and out, but ya know, my friend, I've learned that there's just so much you can do and if it doesn't get done, well, hell, just know that life just gets in the way sometimes.

Please take care of yourself and don't fret about the small stuff, it's all small stuff...hmm, I think there's a book with that title!! LOL Just get your strength back and do what you can and what your body will allow you to do...don't push it!

Have a great week, hang in there and more importantly, TAKE CARE OF YOUR BOD!! LOL Again, congrats on your adorable Santa!!

xxoo,
Georgina

Diane MacNaughtan * Dianie Mac * said...

Thanks so much Ladies for your well wishes, compliments & support on my first publication..
I hope you all are doing well and staying warm Brrrrrrr!

Have a great week leading up to the BIG day!

Hugs,
Diane

dragonmamma said...

Congratulations! How many magazines will you buy to send out to your family?

Faerie Moon Creations said...

So sorry to hear you've been ill - hope you are feeling better now. I'll bet seeing your wonderful work in that magazine brightened your spirits quite a bit!!! Congrats to you, and happy holidays! Theresa

Anonymous said...

Congratulations for being published!
And hope you get to feeling better soon. I too, won one of Darlye's dolls...what an amazingly generous person he is...truly, amazing, and his wife too.
I got the flu three weeks ago and know exactly what you are going through. I gave in and had my doctor put me on Z-pak for a five day dose and that helped the fever and congestion..but whoa! What a super bug of a flu. No strength, unless I take four hour naps during the day, and then I drag around doing housework and fixing my family meals... and then it's an hour on the computer and to bed again. At least I am getting out of bed...
Yes, you need some fairy dust, and some sunshine would help!
Cheers to you at this holiday season!
Teresa in California
and on Cloth and Clay ning
Are you on this site?