Monday, October 18, 2010

Autumn Fun



I definitely wasn't in any hurry to become a grandma... I barely survived raising three wonderfully rowdy teenagers, I hadn't had enough rest to begin to think of Grandmother-hood! Well... Grandmas don't get to decide when they are going to be grandma's and I am so glad we don't because, I might not have ever known what a blessing grandchildren are. They are the icing on the cake!! This weekend, Alan and I had our little angels over for a cookie decorating and Pumpkin carving party. I was amazed at how detailed the little cookie artists were. As you can see, they are deeply concentrating!





I was more then grateful for our Indian summer day, as I was not looking forward to having pumpkin guts strewn throughout the house hanging from light fixtures, etc. As you can see.. the mom's were grateful that it was warm enough to strip the young ones of their shirts ( who likes to do unnecessary laundry?).



The girls vote Rob as the pumpkin lid cutter. He was thrilled :D !



Rylie LOVES PUMPKIN GUTS!



While the others.. NOT SO MUCH! They would rather commission their Mamas to do the De-gutting. We had a great time together!
I could not imagine life without grandchildren.
They are the icing on the cake!

6 comments:

Sue said...

Great pics showing some great fun! Thanks for sharing Diane!

Hugs

Sue

Mandi said...

It was so much fun! Thanks mom and dad..

Sheryl Parsons said...

How fun Diane! Lucky you for having them all so close! I got to decorate cookies with my grand daughters when I was back in Alabama. I miss them already...

Diane MacNaughtan * Dianie Mac * said...

Thanks all for stopping by..

I am fortunate to have them all close by..
Jasmine,Kasen and Rylee moved in across the street several months ago. I have I LOVED every minute!

~Diane

Faerie Moon Creations said...

What great photos of some truly awesome fall fun! :) Looks like everyone had a blast. Theresa

Love You To The Moon And Back said...

Diane! Looks like you all had a GREAT time. The little Grandkids are growing up so fast. They are all so cute!!! They are so very lucky to have such a fun and loving Grandma like you.
Love, Peggy