Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Fall is in the Air and New WIPs!

Hi Everyone! Just curious, but are you all experiencing Wonderful Fall Mornings in your neck of the woods?
We have had the most beautiful Crisp, cool mornings. It gives me such a tickle in my belly. I start pulling out the snugly crochet throws, lovely earthy candles and just have an all around warm and cozy feeling in my heart. Also, it's that time of year to pull out the what I call...comfort spices. Cinnamon, Nutmeg and cloves... It's time for Pumpkin cake with cream cheese icing, Hot Apple Cider or for a romantic evening by the fire,with a good book,or better yet.. your favorite hunk of a man (MINE HUNK IS ALAN) maybe a Hot Buttered Rum? Oh, and what about art! Nothing screams fall more then, all those fun, cute, spooky maybe even a little creepy Halloween characters to decorate our homes with.
All The Halloween artist's out there have been busy, busy creating wonderful works of art everywhere. They just blow me away with their talents and creative minds. I am SO HONORED and very Fortunate to have a Group of wonderful friends, that just happen to be Halloween Artist's as well.


Those Wonderful Ladies are Known as the Halloween Queens. Every month on the 1st and the 15Th they put their wonderfully created Halloween pieces up for sale over at the Queens Castle Bootique. If you are wanting to add to your collection, or purchase a gift for your Fall loving friend, then take a stroll on over to the Bootique.
Are you curious about the pic's? Those are my WIPs. They didn't quite make it to the deadline for their debut in the bootique, little stinkers were giving me quite the challenge. The first pic is of my Bat ornament. He still has a little sculpting to do before he gets the life breathed into with the magical world of paint. I have used several types of air dry clay on this little fellow. Paper clay and Apoxie Sculpt. I hope to get him completed by Saturday.
In the second pic you will see my little Witch... A couple of days ago she was supposed to be a spider however, the little stinker wasn't working out at all how I had pictured her to be, so she turned into a Witch. I think that is who she was supposed to be this whole time. I still have a tiny bit of sculpting to do on her hands, and of course her pointy hat. I wasn't much into sculpting this morning, so I stared painting her base and skirt. ( That is why there isn't a pic of her lower half, it's a secret until later).
SPEAKING OF SECRETS ... Soon, very soon I have some fun news to share with all of you. I think you will all like the news, and I think you all might really get something outta the news...... but the news will have to wait just a little while longer..

4 comments:

Sonia ;) said...

Oh like them sweetie...Cant wait to see them all done wow...secrets are fun cant wait.

xoxox

Elysian Field Originals said...

Very cute! Love the bat!!

Brenda LaBell said...

Diane, they are wondeful already, can't wait to see them finished!! Hummmm news, can't wait to hear that too!! This has been one very hot Summer and I am ready for Fall and Pumpkin Pie, my favorite!!

Happy Wednesday!
Brenda

Sue said...

Still really hot and humid here (even in the mornings) Diane.

Your new pieces are sooooooo cool -
looking forward to seeing them completed.

Wishing you an amazing holiday weekend.

Hugs,

Sue