Thursday, August 5, 2010

Turtle Burger Anyone?



I love ART ! In any shape or form, I always enjoy seeing the fabulous and sometime curious masterpieces that come from another artist's creative mind.
My Brother- in law sent this pic and recipe of " Turtle Burgers " that he happened to come across. I thought this was such a fun and clever piece of EDIBLE art, and I thought that you would enjoy it as well. Maybe you would like to have a little bit fun by making them and surprise your family at the next get together or party. Beware, this is not a meal for the dieter ;)

Handmade ground beef patties, topped with sharp cheddar cheese, wrapped in a bacon weave, then the next step, add hotdogs as the heads, legs and tail. Next step?

Place on an oven rack, covered loosely with foil and baked for 20-30 minutes at 400 degrees. A little crispy, not too crunchy...just how a turtle should be, no?


enjoy!

11 comments:

Flight Fancy said...

that is so cool!, My boys would love those turtles :)

Gourdqueen said...

What fun! This would be great for a family get-together!

Jan @ bobbypins boardwalk said...

Dianie, I must tell you that these are the grossest looking pieces of food I've ever seen -- really! I totally LOVE THEM!!!

Doran & Jody said...

Oh YUM!!!
This looks so fun!

Thanks for sharing

Faerie Moon Creations said...

Clever! Fun way to get kiddies to eat! Theresa

carla (http://dancingmoon-carla.blogspot.com/) said...

Wow!!! This is so FUN!!! hugs

Diane MacNaughtan * Dianie Mac * said...

Lol...I haven't made them yet, but i'm hoping to make them before the summer is over ;)
Jan, they are a little curious aren't they :)
I think little girls might think they are gross. But Boys.. well they will think they are the coolest! I cant wait to see how my grandkids react.( I have grandaughters and grandsons)
Thanks everyone for stopping by and leaving a comment.

~Diane

Sue said...

I wish I had seen this years ago when my daughters were younger! What a hit these would've been at a birthday party!

Diane, thanks for the well wishes re my arm and hand! Every day, it gets better! Yaaaaay!

Hugs,

Sue

Love You To The Moon And Back said...

Dianie,this does look like a fun burger for the kids and grandkids. Thanks for sharing it with us. We will try it out for sure....Love, Peggy

Jan @ bobbypins boardwalk said...

Dianie, I've bought the "stuff" and I'm making them tonight -- actually in about 15 minutes (as soon as I spray on another coat of paint on this door). I'll let you know, my friend!

Jan @ bobbypins boardwalk said...

Dianie, I finally made these and I have shared this link and picture on my blog. It was fun food!