Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I would like to thank everyone for their visits to my blog, and all the wonderful compliments you have left. You always make my day :)
I thought I would share with you a little of what goes on in the mind of Dianie Mac and why I have recently neglected my blog.
I tend to DWELL on and OVER THINK certain issues and circumstances until, I throw myself into a gloomy state of mind. When this dreaded dark cloud hangs over my head, I certainly don't want to write in my blog because the content that might be translated from my mind to the keyboard would be for mature audiences only and I'd like to keep this blog G rated just in case young ones happen across it.
Anyways, I am happy to tell you that I have realized that life is far to short to sit in a corner and dwell. Life is a gift.. with many,many blessings. I have decided to quit thinking about yesterday, worrying about tomorrow and to stop piddling all over today.
Sheesh, i'm glad those gloomy days are behind me ;)

A week ago I became the proud owner of acrylic nails. In support of my daughter who is currently in Beauty school, I agreed to be her model for these lovelies. Boy did she have a chore ahead of her.. lol ! I am no girly, girl. My hands show it. They are always into clay, water, icing or dirt. However, miss Mandi did a nice job considering what she had to work with.
I found that it is a big challenge to sculpt with them on, so this evening Mandi will take them off. Thank heavens, I need to feel clay again :)
I definetly have been enjoying the Spring weather, how about you?


Aside from my art for the Boo and Marketplace, I have this old fella that I work on from time to time. The deadline for him is Oct. 1st that is when I will decorate for Halloween and he will be a new addition to my personal collection. A Santa Clause for Halloween?

Well, that is what he was before I offed his head and stripped him of his clothing and worldly possessions. I never noticed until I loaded this pic that I missed some of the white batting. Hmmmmm..
I am fascinated with animatronics. I love to read about how-to create animated characters. This little fella will be my first one. However, I am cheating and using an old animated Santa.
I will re-create this into an animated Halloween character. I will be taking pics along the way and will be sure to share. Keep in mind that the pics may come slowly as this is a spare time project.

To conclude this post, I will show you Edgarcasper in the complete form. You have seen him in his many stages of creation here and there over the past year. He is ready to go on sale tonight at the stroke of twelve exclusively for the Queen's Castle Bootique.
Have a look at the new exciting creations the Queens have to offer.

11 comments:

Gourdqueen said...

Well missy, you are so much like me it's scary.
Why do we dwell on things and let them bring us down?!
Go figure.
Love the nails, I did those years ago but they are not for me either.
Your Santa look and sounds interesting and know he will be the finest Halloween Santa around.
As for your new piece...............
SCREAM!!!!
Gourdie

~Tonya said...

OH DIANE - your Edgarcasper is ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE!!! LOVE him and all of his detail!! A very talented gal you are! I only wish I had money...sadly, I have been in a state, somewhat similar to yours and well, I throw myself into everything else, but creating in those "states" and have not made anything, therefore have no "FUN money" and that really is no fun at all LOL.

Geezzz, can we save ~NOVEL~ already. I hear ya on not posting...at some points in our lives, why? We have nothing to share, nothing fun anyways and no one really wants to hear about our woes, do they? :) Any who, I am glad to see that you are back! I too have taken a look at my life, am thankful for it ALL and am residing back in my studio working. HA! SLOWLY thou.

And the nails, so very pretty and one of my sisters always gets her nails done, I am so envious....but she has a "clean" job, without paint, stain, clay and all that fun stuff and they stay pretty, me on the other hand am always into something and you can see in on my poor hands.

I hope I got a couple of smiles out of you, with my yammering. HA! I am a riot today. Take Care Diane. Have a great day. Oh BTW, those SWEET lil Punkins where your pretty nails are pictured, those are just to stinkin cute!! Love those too. Maybe you will do something small and sweet with those.

Take Care,
~Tonya

Lisa said...

OMG! I love him, you better price him well! GREAT GREAT Job!

Brenda LaBell said...

Diane, I'm sorry to hear you have been under the weather but very glad that things are looking a bit better for you. LOL on the girlie finger nails, mine are generally pretty long naturally but I am forever stabbing my sculptures with them. They really need to go but I just can't bring myself to nubs yet, lol. I can't wait to see what Santa transforms in to, very cool. I love Edgarcasper, he is adorable!! You amaze me with what you can do with clay!! BTW love the JOLs too!!

Have a great weekend and keep smiling!!

Brenda

Sue said...

Diane, I'm so happy that you are out of the gloom and into the sunshine!

Ha - hear you on the acrylic nails. I tried them years ago for about a week I waved my hands around showing them off, and then - off they came. Definitely can't sculpt with them.

LOVE Edgarcasper! Fabulous!

Hugs,

Sue

Zan Asha said...

Ahhh, yes, gloom is no fun, for sure! I am glad you are choosing to move past it :)

The nails are great, when can your daughter come to MY house?! Mine need work! :D

EdgarCasper is tooooo cute! I love him! :)

Designs By CK said...

I agree totally and go through the same thing as well from time to time. That is why I do my funnies 4 the day posts, when I have nothing to say as filler posts!

Nice to see you back!

CK :-))

Diane MacNaughtan * Dianie Mac * said...

Hello friends,
Thanks for stopping by and leaving such nice comments :)

~Diane

Faerie Moon Creations said...

Congrats on looking forward!!! :) Your EdgarCasper is just amazing - what wondrous work. :) I hope you have a wonderful weekend! Theresa

Sheryl Parsons said...

Edgarcasper turned out so adorable! I love the turtle and all the details!.
You, sweet lady, should have only sunshine and sweet memory making days! I have an Eeyore that lives with me so I am the happy go to person....lol. My Eeyore adores me so I can put up with his moods. The only time I really get down is when I've been away from the studio for too long or when I think of my grandchildren and how far away they are.
I'm so glad you've been stopping by. Your nice comments are so uplifting. You know, one of these days we need to meet! We live too close to not!
Hugs to you and here's to better days!
:-)
I used to do my own nails, the press on kind, but that was when I was apartment dwelling and didn't play with clay or have a garden to putter around in. Too hard to maintain, and no funds put the kibosh on them.

Love You To The Moon And Back said...

Diane, What a nice blog you have.Your family is so cute. You are so creative in what you do.I can't wait to see what santa looks like. Edgarcasper is amazing. I want to take the time and let you and your family know how much I love you all. Mandi, nice job on the nails.I am jealous. LOL Love, Peggy