Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Winter Fishing !

I had to share these wonderful pics with you. Some of you may know that my husband is an amazing artist. His medium of choice is wood carving. He has created many wonderful pieces in his day. Santa's ,fish and wildlife sculpture including several chainsaw bears that were donated to raise money for Children's hospitals. He also has a deep passion for creating Native American style flutes. He is a lover of all art and has recently been researching and making his first knife. It is very interesting. The other day he told me he was taking a break from work and art to go fishing with our son-in-law. I thought he had lost his marbles because it is down right cold in the great outdoors... I guess I am just a wimp!

He didn't bring home fish for dinner, but he did bring home these gorgeous pictures of the Bear river. You can see the Wasatch Mountains in the background.. You can visit Alan's blog to see some of his very interesting work.

I took a break from art today to DE- Junk! Have you ever seen the show Hoarders? Well, it freaked me out so bad ! My house appears clean, Just beware when you open the cupboards everything may just fall on top of you.. so I spent most of the day cleaning drawers and cupboards.. I feel good now that I'm not a hoarder, and I can move on to my art.

6 comments:

Gourdqueen said...

Beautiful pictures, so still, calm and crisp.
Alan's work is amazing and so natural.
You are indeed a talented couple!
As far as dejunking, I bet you over exaggerate.
Gourdie

Zan Asha said...

Lovely photos!! Yes, I probably wouldn't fish or do much else in this kind of weather! Also, I think most things in my cupboards would fall out if opened :)

Diane MacNaughtan * Dianie Mac * said...

Gourdie and Zan. when I was cleaning my drawers, I threw away pants that had to be 20 years old and and about 8 SIZES to small!!!lol... Yes, it is definatly too cold this time of year to go fishing for this ol'gal. The Bear river is my favorite place to fish in the spring and summer. We or I should say my husband fish for Channel cats. I don't fish.. I take a pad of paper and draw and keep my eye out for wildlife such as foxes,Beavers and wild turkeys. You also have to beware of Cougars lurking, as they have become populated around here.

DellaRae said...

The pictures are beautiful, but so is the wonderful display of Halloween art at the top of the page. They are wonderful!

Doran & Jody said...

Great pictures!
It does feel good to dejunk! Why in the world do we keep, even BUY, some of things we do. Crazy!

Linda said...

Love the pictures and I just know Alan and Rob had a great time even if they didn't catch any fish. I need to dejunk so bad...maybe I'll try using you as my inspiration once again and get it DONE!...LOL

Love ya Dianie~
Linda