Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A Few of My Favorite Things..

Isn't this the sweetest? These two" Fine Original Paintings" were made for me by a young and talented artist, My 7 year old Grandson , Parker .

I love everything about these paintings, especially love the colors Parker put into each painting.
I think there is nothing in this world that compares to the artwork created from eye of a child. A Gift to cherish . These two special gifts from Parker inspired me to dedicate one wall in my home as a Gallery for all my gran children's art.. UH' OH' Alan.. I have some honey do's for you... I thought by adding strips of a chunky molding, I can create nice ledges for the canvas' to rest upon. I thought this would look nicer then nail holes and also if any of my grandchildren get their hands into clay, I can display their sculptures here and there between the paintings. Thank you again Parker for these wonderful masterpieces you painted for me..

My eyes were in pure delight as I was opening this lovely handmade gift from Linda,( my sister in law) on Christmas morning. Linda knows me all to well... everything about this calendar tickles my soul and makes me smile...

My genius sis Linda, created this perpetual calendar on a Cookie sheet pan. "CLEVER"

She used all the colors to match my "RED" Kitchen, and adorned it with this sweet vintage print of a girl and her dollies. Thank you again, Linda Sue... I love this gift you made with love for me.

5 comments:

Linda said...

You are so welcome!! I LOVED making it for you. You mean so much to me and I needed to give you a gift that truely came from the heart, although it was a little scary to create something for such a talented artist.

Doreen said...

OH...what a wonderful painting and how wonderful of you to have a Grandchildren Gallery!

Love the calender...SO neat :)

Doreen

Lisa Lectura Creations said...

Ahh, how cute! Parker's paintings are amazing! I love how you'll be making a wall just for your grandchildren's art and precious gifts. And that calendar is so clever & beautiful! What a loving present to receive! Have a sweet day! :)

Georgina said...

I have a bulletin board just for my grandsons art...they keep it current. My fav so far is my little 5 year old grandson made me a picture of a Turtle Christmas...it's just too adorable!!

Have a good one.

xxoo,
Georgina

Doran & Jody said...

So cute! I would so frame and hang the hand print picture!!

Linda, what a cute calendar!

I sure would like to work on a project a month but I have no creativity or imagination.

Keep it up both of you!