Saturday, December 5, 2009

Rylee's update

I would like to thank all of you for your positive thoughts, prayers and support. Rylee had a rough evening but has made wonderful progress today. Her breathing has improved and she has a good set of lungs on her. What a wonderful sound.
At this time her body wont store sugar, so she has to have the glucose through an IV. Hopefully in a day or two her body will begin to store the sugars. When her body is able to maintain the proper sugar levels and she can hold her food down, she will get to go home. It is amazing to me how fragile yet strong these little babies are.
Grandma is going to take a nap, then I will go visit the little sweetie.
Thank you again for all your prayers, our family appreciates you so much :)

7 comments:

Sycamore Moon Studios said...

Thanks for the update! Bless you all!

Zan Asha said...

Hey Grandma! :) Good to here the wee one is doing well. Get ready, I tell you she is going to be a little whippersnapper! I know many of us will continue to hold your family in our thoughts and prayers..I certainly am.

Georgina said...

Diane, I'm so glad. I told my daughter about Rylee and she said it was exactly how it came down with our Sammy. She too is thinking of you and knows how your family must be feeling...we all do.

She's a little angel, a beautiful gift, and we will continue to pray and send you all our good vibes. Take care and hang in there Grandma...I know what you're going through!!

xxoo,
Georgina

Lisa said...

Diane, bless you all, be well and take care of the little one...look at that face!

Fantasy Whispers - Vania Cruz-Perez said...

Thank you Dianie for keeping us updated on Rylee's progress :)
It's music to my ears to hear that she's doing better and that she might go home soon.

Bless her!

Vania

vintagepaletteart said...

Keep us updated Diane.....still keeping little Rylee in my thoughts and prayers!

Hugs, Lori

Jan @ bobbypinsboardwalk said...

Wow -- I'm just doing some catching up on posts and I'm sorry that I didn't see this sooner. My prayers are certainly with your family and Rylee. She's beautiful, but you know that, don't you? I'm glad that her breathing is better, and you're right, the little ones are fighters. They burst out into the world not caring whether it's early or not. Sounds like she was just anxious to meet her parents and grandparents and make sure there were some Christmas presents for her under that tree.

Father in Heaven, give little Rylee the gift of strength and determination. Please instill in her, Lord, the love that You, her parents, grandparents and all her family has for her. Thank you, Father, for this beautiful Christmas blessing!