Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Baby It's Cold Outside!

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! When I was a Wee Little Brat I loved the cold, along with the cold came the Snow... Snow forts, snowball fights, building snowmen. I always thought it was a bit strange that all the "OLD PEOPLE" hopped in their motor homes and headed south for the winter. I have a better understanding now that I'm one of those "OLD PEOPLE". I just wished I had a motor home...
We had week long temperatures in the single digits followed by a little warming up and then we literally got DUMPED ON. My prematurley OLD knees despise the slick deep snow, while my eyes and child within is in pure delight just as long as I can stay at home and watch it through the window.
Our town was covered in heavy, slick snow. Many couldn't get out of their driveways and those who did, slid back into the snowy curb, getting stuck. LOL.. it is kinda comical to watch UNTIL it happens to you. Yeah, never ever giggle at thy neighbor (MY NEW MOTTO)
Sure as sure can be I was headed to work in the wee early hours, and as I was backing out the driveway in my 4 wheel drive Durango I surely thought I had it licked. Quicker then I could blink my eye, I did a 360 backwards and the ol' Durango came to rest in the snowbank on the side of the road. Son of a cookie, I thought. Luckily, Alan was home or I'd still be digging my way out...
Yep, the south is looking better and better to this old gal...

The weatherman says we will have a bit more snow in the next few days. I am so happy that all my errands are done and I can watch that lovely white stuff from my studio window as I'm building snowmen from soft WARM clay.

2 comments:

Fabby Dolls said...

I'm with you Diane - it is just strating to get frosty here in Michigan! I only hope it doesn't stay cold for too long as we are on propane!! have a cup of cocoa and relax!

Sue said...

Diane, glad that hubby was home, and also glad that you weren't hurt. Snow here today and the weather is supposed to get quite frigid in the next couple of days.

Shortly after Christmas I will be
glad if it all melts! LOL