Sunday, November 8, 2009

I LOVE SWAPS! When I saw that Zan http://wildatheartart.blogspot.com/ was having a Monster Swap, I knew I had to join. What better way to face your childhood fear then to create the little bugger that spooked you soooo bad as a child. Yep, this is the furry feller that caused me so much grief. " The MOnsteR Under My Bed "

I started this creation with a couple of small gourds and wire for the armature of the monsters body. I used Apoxie Sculpt and paper clay to sculpt him. His rough furry texture was created using finely cut up cheese cloth and Paverpol.

The bed is made from heavy duty cardboard stuff ? dowels and paper clay.

And that skeered little boy in the bed, with his covers pulled up so tightly around him, was created from a tiny bottle gourd and paper clay. I will have to say that this was a very fun swap. Now this little Monster will be carefully packaged and mailed out to my new friend and swap partner. Maybe she can tame him , hehehe ! :)

12 comments:

sheila said...

Amazing!! My daughters' favorite book was "The Monster Bed" but that monster (Dennis) wasn't so scary after all.

Zan Asha said...

Diane! Can I say, once again, I am BLOWN AWAY on the effort and talent you put into this swap? YOu are simply amazing!!

Diane MacNaughtan said...

Sheila,
I would like to read that book:) It is great to hear from you:)
I bet you are knee deep into making your Fabulous Santa's! Thank you for your sweet compliment.

Zan,
Thank you again for your nice words and for this fun swap. I'm hooked on your swaps:) I really needed this creative venue.
I am amazed at the talent in your Monster swap. I wanted to scoop them all up!

~Diane

Mandi said...

I love it.. I wish you were able to keep it!! You know the one thing I love that everyone else misses out on? Watching the process of all your creations.. Amazing!!

Diane MacNaughtan said...

Oh, Mamba you are such a sweetheart and I'm so glad you are mine :)
Happy, delighted and estatic that you are feeling better!

Love Mom (Dianie Mac)

ODD imagination said...

This piece rocks the swap! I don't even know how you got that bed to stay put! Beautifully executed and so much fun to look at!

Diane MacNaughtan said...

Denise,
Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment:)
Stiff coat hanger wire and Apoxie sculpt will hold anything up!

I love your alien Monster. He is so adorable. I am intrigued with all your creations eyes and smiles.
Just love them:)

~Diane

Light and Shadow Studio said...

Oh my word...this is an amazing sculpt! My grandmother and great Aunt always told me the poem from little Orphan Annie. Many a night I would make a leap from the door to my bed terrified there was a goblin under my bed. They always told me that all they would find in my bed the next morning would be my underwear after they got me. Always wondered why they would leave my underwear behind! Just amazing details Diane. Thank you for coming by my blog also and leaving such a sweet comment. Made my day. Hugs, Tammy

Sonia ;) said...

Oh Diane he is magnificant...amazing..sorry been MIA...Think I have mia alot...

xoxoxoxoxoxxoxo

Nancy Lee Malay said...

This is a fantastic piece, Diane!!

Blue Dragon Arts said...

Exquisite!!!

Gourdqueen said...

SCREAM!!!! You are incredible!
Gourdie