Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Man Cave...

Whew wee ! I've been busy as a Bee. Well, in a sorta leisurely kind of way. Lol...
This past week I've had oodles of fun doing what women do best. MULTITASKING!!!
In the Studio, Ive been working on some WIPS that I previously showed pics of and this new one. A sweet little Bee bust. Oh, and of course there is a mystical creature, or should I say MONSTER that is lurking in the little yellow studio. Now, he is quite a character. I chased him all over the studio trying to get him to pose for the camera, but he was to fast, hiding behind this and that. Finally, after I was all tuckered out from running circles within the little yellow studio, with one big yellow eye peeked up over the spools of ribbon he said.. For heaven sakes you silly ol' lady I don't have any pants on! And besides, my heart only belongs to one and only she will be the first to see me...( With pants on of course). I guess he told me!
Moving on to my weeks adventures..

This here was previously a spare room that became our storage room. It will now become my husbands MAN CAVE! Not your typical man cave though... Alan's cave will be filled with his amazing Native American style flutes that he carves from a block of wood. Some of you know my husband Alan's exquisite work . http://mcollection.iwebimpressions.com/
Alan also plays the flute and this new room of his will be where he can record and make some wonderful CD's. I cant wait for a Christmas CD !

Let The Painting Begin....

As budgets have tightened I went with a cheaper brand of paint. Hmmmm, there are just some things you shouldn't skimp on.. I will be probably doing three coats of paint.
When I was strolling through the paint chips at our local Walmart, I came across a wonderful color. Partridge grey, I thought this color would be a fabulous backdrop for his flutes and of his wolf collection.


HMMmmmm? As the first coat of paint is going up I had a big ol' question mark ???? arise in my thoughts. Holy gee willikers, I hope the second coat looks better. When my husband peeked into the room I assured him that when this is all done, it wont look like he is sitting in a cement cell. I HAVE FAITH!
I will give an update when the room is complete :)

Guess what I found when I was cleaning out the cave?
This wonderful chair made from an old church bench. Years ago, My father in law gave us the set. There was one long bench and two chairs. The chairs were created from cutting one bench in half. When we received the set, they were pretty worn and weathered as they had been outside. My husband refinished them for me in a lovely cherry finish. In our previous spacious 1900 home we had them in the parlor. We have moved since then to a smaller cottage style home and was lacking the space for the quaint little benches. Reluctantly , I sold the bench and one chair leaving me with this lonely one. I have had my eye on some fabric that I am hoping to purchase soon and upholster up the back which will add some softness and not to mention make it more comfortable. When completed the old bench chair will find her resting spot in my living room.


And now for the BEST of the this week adventures! Painting my grandson's face for a Halloween party he was going to. It has been a very,very long time since I have painted a wiggly worm two year old. But it was so much fun and I get the honor to do it again this coming Saturday for Halloween.

10 comments:

Sue said...

Heee...the little pantless creature sounds really interesting! Love the chair (so solid looking, but with graceful lines).

I agree with you on paint. I too have skimped and ended up having to do 3 or even 4 coats for good coverage.

Great job on your little grandson.....scarey!

Hugs!

Fabby Dolls said...

What a great find your bench is! Please be sure to post finished photos of the painting - I love to see what people come up with!

Tell your little vampire he looks sooooo scary!

Jan @ bobbypinsboardwalk said...

Oh I love your newest creation, and how wonderful that your husband is creative, as well. You have been busy this week. I love your little "vampire". How sweet!

Jan @ bobbypinsboardwalk said...

Don't tell him that I said "sweet". I meant to say "horribly scary" :)

Sonia ;) said...

Oh sweetie u have been busy bee.....I love and miss ya....Love the grandson's face...LOL

Looking good as always with ya.


xoxoxoxxo

Lisa Lectura Creations said...

Hi Diane! Wow, you have been a busy bee! Multitasking can be very exhausting. Your Bee bust is looking so adorable already. Can't wait to see it finished as well as your little Monster. Your husband's work is fantastic! His site is wonderful and filled with magical carvings. He is a very talented artist! It's so great to have a husband that creates too! Love the Lone Wolf Flute! Good luck on your redecorating! Your little vampire is a cutie!

Hugs,
Lisa :)

Diane MacNaughtan said...

Hello all you creative ladies,
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such nice compliments :)
I will surely post pics of my finished projects and I will make sure my grandson knows how he scared all of you with his spooky costume. hehe ;)

Have a great day,
~Diane

Doran & Jody said...

I LOVE the bee, the bench AND the boy! And what's wrong with that color? I think it will look good. Can't wait to see the finished project.

By the way....will you do my face every morning? I get tired of putting my face on.

Sheryl Parsons said...

Love the bench! Can't wait to see the finished room.

Sheryl

Kari and Parker said...

parker wants to wish you a happy halloween. he looks on here with me a lot. notice we arent on your links but hope you still keep updated with parker and his life.. I have this blog for others to look at as well, but try to keep it updated for you and tony. Happy holidays.