Sunday, October 11, 2009

At last, my computer works... Yesterday, while away at work( One of my measly 4 hour shifts, hardly worth going) My night in shining armour(Alan) rescued me from the depths of the dark computer hole. Now, I don't know if he read my blog while i was away or if we are just so in tune with each other that he sensed I was suffering from a bad case of picture sharing withdrawals... But, as I came through that front door from a hard day at work(He,he,he) he said, " Honey, I downloaded all your stuff onto the computer, including an art program" JOY! :) I wrapped my arms around him and ?..............................................................................................


Okay on with the WIPS! This is my PUNKIN' CARVIN' GOTH GIRL. I love the way she is turning out. Most of my sculptures have a Gourd or Gourds as the canvas or in some case the armature. However, this little gal has a Styrofoam and wire armature. I first use Apoxie Sculpt on the sculpt wherever strength is needed. I then use paperclay. She is wearing a big ol' hoody and as you can see, I just need to add her sleeves. Then I can sand,prime,paint! Then she will be listed in my Etsy shop that has been so bare for months and months.

While waiting for clay to dry on the other four projects (Three of which I wont show till a later date), I pulled out the Puppen Fimo from my closet. I wanted to try this type of clay for awhile now and it has sat tucked away for several months. I was a little skeered of using this bake type clay but, hot diggety dog I LOVE IT!! Much, much to learn which is cool but all I can say is LOVE :) She is just tiny, actually I sculpted her sitting in a Walnut shell. He cat is peering through the crystal ball that she holds. Did I tell you she is going to be a Witch?

Okay, If you have worked with Apoxie Sculpt you know that it is pricey and once mixed you use it or lose it. Well their is no losing it around this house sooo I had an old cover girl makeup compact with the mirror inside. ( I save all kinds of stuff). Anywhoo, I covered the outside of the compact with the Apoxie Sculpt, then I sculpted a simple relief style design on top. What is really cool about this type of clay is... you can paint it before it is dry. Inside where the pressed powder used to be, I am placing a pic of my grand-daughter . So every time my daughter opens the compact to look in the mirror she will see her sweet bundle of joy.

I did have a heck of a time getting a good pic of the compact. the inscription reads, Just Be ...







Oh, and here is one of my two fur kids. Tessa, my friend. She is always keeping my toes warm while I create.

9 comments:

sheila said...

Goodness! Everything looks wonderful! That little pumpkin carver is soooo great! Can't wait to see everyting painted.

Marie Patterson Studio said...

Love your work! THanks for stopping by my blog!

Zan Asha said...

Wow, I love what you are doing--the compact is especially great--never seen anything like it before!

Sonia ;) said...

You are having alot of fun creating...anything and everything you do is amazing..wish my faces were as whimsicals...Hugs dear friend

xoxox

Doran & Jody said...

How FUN, CUTE and CREATIVE....
Glad the puter is working again.

Diane MacNaughtan said...

Thank you to all you wonderful ones who stopped by and said such nice comments :)

~Diane

Renee said...

Dianie your work is just amazing.

Renee xoxo

Light and Shadow Studio said...

Oh I love your new WIP. Excited to see it painted up. You have such a wonderful imagination.Please don't worry about getting the name wrong, I knew you knew who I am, hee hee. I must admit I am confused with yours though. I notice your blog says Dianie but you sign Diane. I'm not sure which is the right one? The compact was such a wonderful idea too! Tammy

Bonnie said...

HI Diane: long time since I have been blog jumping...so glad I stopped by...your work has always been a favorite of mine..also glad to see you using puppen fimo, my favorite clay....love the compact..
Bonnie Jones