Friday, September 18, 2009

I got up this morning at the crack of early. Later on in the day, I will probably be wondering why in the world do I do this to myself.
I woke up at midnight, worried about several special order cakes that I need to create at work this morning. Most of the time I don't worry about designing the cakes however, these particular customers are very pacific and detailed in what they want. So I sketched a design for each cake and I feel much better now.
Since I have plenty of time to spare before getting ready for work, I thought I would go through some of my past artwork and decide what design I will use for our Halloween open house invitations.
I chose this design from an ACEO I did last summer. I will create the invitations postcard style, with all the info on the back of the card. After I print the cards, I would like to add to each card some magical glitter around the edges. I just like glitter!Well, this is getting me terribly excited! And I think it is not to early to get started on the planning. I have grundles of candy filled poppers to make for all the little kiddos, and a spooky buffet style dinner to plan and of course the decorations to put up! I have noticed that some people around town are already in the spirit of Halloween and have started decorating their yards. I love this time of year!
Well, enough of daydreaming and party planning, I have to get ready for work.. I daydream there too :)

3 comments:

Gourdqueen said...

Awww Diane I love you too!!!! What a warm and fuzzy greeting to wake up to.
I see you are busy as always, perfection at its finest!
I think of you every time I see the preview for the new movie "9". He reminds me of one of your creations you did with the zipper in the front.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Gourdie

Designs By CK said...

CUTE new Halloween piece Diane! '-)

Popping in to say hello & wish you a great weekend!

Chris (-:

XOXO

Sheryl Parsons said...

This is way too cute Diane! Very well done.

:-)Sheryl