Thursday, July 2, 2009

Thrift Store Thursday

Ahhh, Wednesday was a very fun day for me indeed! I will tell you why... I had the chance to join Holly for thrift store Thursday and this just had to happen as the last long while I have been taking care of my daughter and my sweet little grand babies and my Mama. After work from day to day I have been running back and forth taking care of them... I love to do it but you know, sometimes a persons LOVE CUP runs a little low and they need to take some time for themselves, even if it's a tiny bit of time, and fill that Love Cup back up. So that's exactly what I did! I didn't work on the pond, I didn't clean house, I didn't take care of anyone but me ,well okay, except my fur babies. I fed them and gave them some love.. Then...
I went thriftin' I love going to yard sales and thrift stores and I did find a couple of fun, had to have items....

When I saw this, I daydreamed about this........

Yes! a perfect wooden box to hold my gardening supplies :) I was perfectly happy with this box and my little daydream so I bought it for only a $1

Now for my next find :) Holy cow I had to SCREAM! I was drawn to this super cool piece of handmade pottery, I guarded this fab find, while I wondered if this cool modern style would fit in with my eclectic cottagy mix. HMMMMMMmmmm!
I found myself lost into daydreaming of this fine piece holding a whimsically, delicate plant sitting a top a table in my shade garden. Okay, I was sold, had to have it! A great deal for a hand made and signed piece of pottery for a mere $3
I had a great few hours to myself, my Love cup is full again and I am ready to go care for my daughter and mama :)



6 comments:

Sonia ;) said...

LOL...Diane I love the way you did that...Made me laugh...Yes the love cup can run dry...You have been very busy..I am glad you were able to get some Joy and whimsey for yourself...

Hugs xoxox
Sonia ;)

Diane MacNaughtan said...

Hi Sonia,
Thanks.. Yes, sometimes that love cup can run dry.. But just those few hours to myself was all I needed and I was ready to get back to the care giving :)

~Diane

Light and Shadow Studio said...

Good for you Diane! What wonderful finds. I love garage sales. It's a way to scratch an itch to buy things with out the guilt plus I think they are more like treasure when you get them for next to nothing. I know how you feel about running a little low, sometimes us givers have to take a little time to fill our well back up. Take care, Tammy

Sandy and Joe said...

Love how your drew your daydreams right into the photos -- really clever. Thanks for sharing! xo -- Sandy/rhubarb reign

Holly said...

That was funny :)
You found some great things. Definitely love the box for $1, and I can't believe that pottery was handmade!
Thanks for joining TST!

Faith said...

so funny how you drew in what you saw for them....and the ideas look great! congrats on the cool finds!