Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Pond Day 2

Ahhh, today is a perfect day to work on the pond. It is a cool day, with thick cloud cover and every so often releasing a heavy rain..lasting just long enough for a relaxing coffee break, then back to work. Alan is the Lone Wolf out in the yard today. I am taking charge of the much needed domestic duties inside.

Alan has brought the pond up to the depth he needed. Today he is building the shelves where the aquatic plants will rest. When I walked out there to take a coffee break with Alan, I was pleasantly surprised.. The pond is now taking shape and I couldn't help but visualize the aquatic plants that will find their home there in the pond.

Let's take a walk to the shade garden next to the patio.. I love the way it looks after a good rain.


Oh, one of the things on my must do list is RE-plant the tomatoes..I am a learn by my mistakes type of gal when it comes to gardening. Last year my brother-in-law brought Alan and I a grundle of fresh tomatoes straight from his garden. They were Scrum-dilly-umptious!!! So, this year i thought i would give it a whirl and plant my own tomatoes. And I did just that as you can see in the pot. I was so proud til my mama stopped by and she is quite a green thumb and she said.. well Dianie you wont get any tomatoes from those plants the pots are too small and it will get root rot..
Yep, so I learned something new from my mom about growing tomatoes in pots and I will be getting a Big pot very soon so we can have a grundle of tomatoes.




I had to take just one more peek at Alan before I go back into the domestic mess.. He dont even now I'm there.. he has his headphones on listen to some good country music.



6 comments:

Light and Shadow Studio said...

Holy cow, Dianie, this is just an awesome undertaking. It's huge. This will just be incredible when it's done. Heck you could swim in it. LOL Can't wait to see it finished.
Tammy

Diane MacNaughtan said...

Lol, I am all about a pool :) You might see mee taking a dip in that ol' pond.
Thanks for stopping by Tammy ;)
~Diane

Sheryl Parsons said...

How wonderful! You must have quite a yard! Can Alan come to my place in Oregon when he's done and show Kent how to work outside...lol. I will be checking back to see the finished product!
Thanks for stopping by and leaving such a nice compliment by the way.
Hugs,
Sheryl

merelyadream said...

Diane,
It is coming along! I can't wait to see it done too :)
How is your Grand Son doing? I think of him and of you all often.
Cat

Diane MacNaughtan said...

Hi Sheryl,
You bet! We have been wanting to vacation in Oregon real bad. I can just send him over lol..
I love your little cottage there. it is so quaint.
Take care,
~Diane

Hi Cat,
Thanks so much for the compliment. Alan can only work on the pond on Wednesdays so it is a bit of a slow process. It will be great when its complete.
My grandson is doing well. He still has seizures and some of them are furocious. I took him shopping with me the other day and he had his first seizure with Grandma. Skeered me to death.It hasnt slowed him down, he is one on the go toddler!!

Take care,
~Diane
Take care,
~Diane

Designs By CK said...

That looks like a BIG project Diane.

TGIF & enjoy your weekend!

SpOOky CK (-: