Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Pond Day 1

This summer the pond is going in!!! I thought it would be great to keep a little diary of the start to finish of this project as I am not as motivated as Alan and there is a good chance I might throw a childish tantrum here and there along this journey and want to give up. But, with this picture diary, I can now reflect back and see how far we have come and find the motivation somewhere in that full figured body to keep working away..

That is me down in the pond. When the backhoe dug the hole he dug a little deeper then we had wanted. It was 31/2 and 4 feet in some areas. Today we are filling in to about 2 feet in some areas and 3 feet in others. My title is.. the LEVELER! Hey, I wonder if Levelers get paid? I would take it in the form of a puppy..

Alan has brought wheelbarrow after wheelbarrow of fill dirt.

I'm a dreamer since birth so any spare moment I have you will find me daydreaming. I'm dreaming that I would really like to take a break in that chair sitting beneath the aspens....

see.. there's even a chair for Alan..




Oh Crap, You scared me! Daydreamin is over, there's Alan with another load of dirt.



This is a view of the pond area. The pic was taken from our top level of the yard. The ponds measurements are 26 feet long, 18 feet wide with a 48 foot long by 3 feet wide stream. At the top of the stream will be a waterfall. to the right of the stream we had put in a path last summer only to realize that we needed to wait on the path until the pond was complete. So we kinda ripped most of the path out. Live and Learn...



When the pond is complete we can sit beneath the aspens and roast a few wieners over the fire pit while viewing the pond. Yay!! That's inspiration right there :)
Thanks for visiting today, next time we will be building up the shelves that will hold the aquatic plants.






5 comments:

Gourdqueen said...

I really enjoyed sitting her listening to the music, tapping my foot and WATCHING YOU WORK!!!!!
Bwahahahahahahaha!
It's gonna be awesome, good idea to keep pics of the progress! I know I will enjoy it!

merelyadream said...

It looks like you are getting so much work done, while I sit here and supervise LOL
Making me feel lazy, I so need to get in my yard :)
I too want to see pictures when you are done, I can see it is going to be fantastic!
Cat

Diane MacNaughtan said...

Gourdie and Cat, LOL.. Hard labor is not my thing but, it has to be done. I hope I get promoted to the pond designer very soon!
Thanks for stopping by :)
~Diane

Sonia ;) said...

Dianie...

You worked very hard..You do deserve a break...daydream rest...LOL Dont get again by Alan...HaHa

Smiles,
Sonia ;)

PS..Looks awesome

Doran & Jody said...

Looks like a lot of work to me! But look how fun your yard is!

Good luck!