Sunday, June 14, 2009

Reminiscing for Inspiration

I wandered down to the studio today... I wanted to check on things and make sure the Gremlins hadn't run off with all my unfinished creations. Once in awhile I get into a little funk. Sometimes it is because I get real busy with other things or sometimes I might get let down. But, before you know it, I'll have that burning desire to pick up where I left off and create again.. However, this time I'm really FUNKED!
My eyes wandered over to the closet where I have much of my magical supplies. I was searching for something in those boxes to give me just a little inspiration... I glanced over to the portrait of a little girl I have hanging on the wall.. I couldn't help but smile as I remembered why I hung a picture of this girl in the studio closet. I'll tell you why... When I was all but five years of age I thought of myself as an artist, and since I was an artist I felt it was very,very important to have a studio. I tried to convince my mother on several occasions to let me turn the closet into an artists paradise... Her response in an oh so loving way was.. absolutely not!
Although I did not get my studio at the young age of five, my mother assured me that I could create masterpieces at the kitchen table..
I began reminiscing of the creativity I had as a child, my mind freely flowing with ideas creating exactly what was in my mind as i perceived it without limitations or boundaries..
As a child, I had several special people in my life who always supported me from a very young age.. My mother, who was my teacher of art. She encouraged ,taught and critiqued. My Father, he was proud and always encouraged and my sweet Grandmother who displayed all my creations proudly on her dresser. I feel very fortunate to have had such wonderful support from my loved ones.
It became very clear as to why I hung the picture in the closet. The little girl now has her very own studio in the closet and most importantly, It was to always remember the child artist in myself.. to create freely from the heart.

5 comments:

sheila said...

Awww. Come on out out Diane!! :-)
Thanks for your comments on my blog, I've been in a bit of a funk myself. Your pond and yard project are looking great!!

Sonia ;) said...

Dianie...
That is the sweetest story...How wonderful..we all get FUNKS...I was on a 10 yr funk..lol...Your mind just wants a break is all...
Hugs..

Sonia ;)

Diane MacNaughtan said...

Hi Sheila,
Thanks for the compliment on the pond. It's coming along little by little.
I love your STJ creation:)

Hi Sonia,
I like the way you put it, our mind just wants a break. Thanks for your kind words.


Hugs,
~Diane

Gourdqueen said...

Oh Diane I felt myself get lighter and lighter as if I was being pulled back to your childhood. What a beautiful story!! Tissue please.
Gourdie

Diane MacNaughtan said...

Gourdie,
I didnt mean to give you tear droplets..lol;)
Again, Thanks so much for the amazing SCREAM award!
~Diane