Tuesday, May 12, 2009

"Mother's Day"

I am certainly behind on my posts. I had hoped To wish all the Mother's out there in blog land a Happy Mother's Day, Early Sunday morning..Well, it didn't happen as I became ill the night before with a doozy of a fever which ended up as being strep throat. Heavily medicated with ibuprofen and NyQuil, I muttle my way through 6 L O N G hours of work and came home..
My Husband Alan had arranged a Mothers day BBQ dinner with all my wonderful kids coming over to share the day. Rob, Mandi and Kasen arrived first. Kasen Had a Beautiful bouquet of freshly pick Lilacs. He made a paper cone to put them in that he colored himself.

Rob and Mandi spoiled me with a gift certificate for a Massage. SCREAM!!! I cant wait to get better and go get my massage...ahhhhhh....


Tiff and Chris showed up with this Ice Tea maker!! I've been really wanting one of these babies.
Cant wait to take the ice tea plunge!

Alan had these Paula Deen Pots and pans waiting for me.... Oh, he is so sweet. I've had my eye on these beauties for quite awhile as I was down to 2 pans lol...
Tony came over with a homemade cake with Strawberries and homemade whipped cream! MMMM good! We ate it before I could get pic's...
My Mom, Barney, Linda and kelly Sue stopped by to say hi, They didnt stay to eat as Barney and Kelly Sue had prepared Dinner for Linda and my mom a little earlier.
The BBQ was wonderful as always. My most favorite thing in the whole world is to have dinner with the family all together. It was a lovely day:)



4 comments:

Mandi said...

Mom, I am sorry you were sick for Mother's Day! But, I'm glad you got what you wanted.. I love you so very much!

Sonia ;) said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWW Diane...You had a wonderful day..Sick or not you are loved.....

Smiles,
Sonia ;)

Designs By CK said...

Popping in 4 a quick hello.

Sssh I'm not really here... '-)

mE (-:

Mandi said...

I was tagged in the pursuit of happiness. For 7 days straight (without fail) I am going to post what makes me happy for that particular day. I also am supposed to tag 7 people.

I am tagging you Mama.. I hope you do it! I think this will be fun..

I love you!