Friday, May 8, 2009

Bugs and Turtles..

With all the yard cleanup that comes along with beautiful Spring, I haven't had much time to spend in my studio. It seems like an eternity since I've had my hands in clay... Today seems to be a brilliant day to pick up where I left off, only I think I will enjoy sculpting outside and take advantage of the fresh spring air.
This little feller you see pictured here is my lil' bug. He is highly noted for his spectacular roses. His dearest friend ( and little helper) is Tilly the Turtle. Together, they watch over and grow the most beautiful roses...
Although my next few pictures are a bit blurry( I'm sure your not surprised), you can still see the sweet disposition of this lil' bug..

Lil' Bug is one proud rose keeper!
I am very tickled the way he is turning out. For quite awhile now I have wanted to evolve from gourds and ornaments into "OOAK" doll making. I have always loved dolls but was a bit intimidated with making them.


Ahhh, here is Tilly Turtle.. He's a cute little booger!
I hope you will check back for to see Lil'Bug's and Tilly the Turtles progress.



15 comments:

Sonia ;) said...

Diane,

They are adorable....How do you like that product saw it, but not ever used it.

Smiles,
Sonia ;)

Gourdqueen said...

Diane, anything you decide to do will be wonderful. All your work reflects your sweet and kind soul.
Is this little guy done with the Apoxie or Paperclay? It looks like paperclay but I see your Apoxie in the back ground. I didn't realize you had started using it.
Can't wait to see them finished.
Linda

Diane MacNaughtan said...

Thanks so much Sonia:) I love the Apoxie sculpt..It was Gourdqueen who introduced me this wonderful clay.. It did take some getting used to but know it is one of my favorites.

Diane MacNaughtan said...

Hi Linda, Yes it is the Apoxie sculpt. I have been using it for awhile now.. I still use paperclay and paper mache depending on what I am creating. This little guy is mostly Apoxie Sculpt. I got the White by mistake(mine). The grey kind has a different feel and I like working with it better.
Thanks for stopping by and leaving such nice compliments:)

~Diane

Mandi said...

MAMA!! I love them.. And I bet your gonna have fun keeping Kasen away from them this summer.. He is growing fond of bugs (and all your garden ornaments) I love you..

Doreen said...

I am looking forward to seeing these two when they are all finished..they are just the sweetest!

:)Doreen

Gourdqueen said...

Sonia, Apoxie does take some getting use to but I too love it.

Diane did you see the award that Sonia shared with me that I have shared with you?

Designs By CK said...

Popping in to say hello & wish you a nice weekend!

Chris (-:

Carolee said...

This little guy is just adorable! Can't wait to see him finished. :)

~ Carolee

Diane MacNaughtan said...

Hi CK,
Thanks for stopping by :)
I hope you have a wonderful week!
~Diane

Diane MacNaughtan said...

Hello Carolee,

How are you? Thanks so much for your sweet compliment and for stopping by, I will soon have more pic's to post..

~Diane

Renee said...

Now if I have ever seen a really happy little face, well that is it.

I love it.

Renee xoxo

Roberta Laliberte said...

You have some really cool stuff here. Glad I found you on glitterbabes site. Would love more info on what you put in your sculpting mix and are they weather proof. Nice work!

Roberta

Diane MacNaughtan said...

Doreen,
How are you! I am so glad you stopped by..Thank you for your compliment:)
~Diane

Diane MacNaughtan said...

Renee, :) Thanks so much for your sweet words.. I hope to get some pics up soon of his progress!

Hugs,
~Diane

Hi Roberta,
I am so happy you found your way here. I love your work and I tried to leave a comment but my computer would not let me??
This is created using a 2 part clay called Apoxie Sculpt. I love it and it is weatherproof. YAY! I sculpted onto a rock with this clay and it has done really well outside. It is very durable as well. my grandson has plyed with the rock often and it has survived!
Hugs,
~Diane