Tuesday, May 19, 2009

3 am in the funny little yellow studio..

BEWARE: Sunglasses required! Walking into my studio at 3 AM will certainly will roll your eyelids to the back of your head! You might remember awhile back, I had wanted to give my studio a redo. I was not at all fond of the YELLA paint I had on my walls and that was supposed to be the first to change. However, When I was running my studio makeover ideas by my two daughter's, Miss Tiff and Mandi Moo, they both owed and whoed about my idea of changing the color. They said they really liked the YELLA... SOOoo I decided to keep it! It does kinda grow on ya.. with sunglasses on..lol..

As daylight peeks in through the windows, it lightens the yella, which is totally amazing,energizing and fun. We have been adding pops of whimsical colors here and there and everywhere. I am really trying to get organized, yes I did say organized..as I would like to make space for an easel and little art table for my grandkids.. I'm getting so many of them little bundles of joy and I think they really need a kid friendly art space.. don't ya think?
Oh, but I am only giving you tiny glimpse of the studio for a few good reasons. It is a big ol mess right now for starters and the makeover isn't complete... I know.. it seems lately that I have a lot of in completes...

Okay, a few days ago, I showed you pic's of my bug and turtle.. if you remember It was such a lovely day outside and I thought I would work on him in the beauty of the outdoors. And I did... Just long enough to give the lil' Bug a BUTT! I didn't get far on my creation that gorgeous day, rather I found myself enjoying our creators, Creations that was wrapped all around me...

So, as this post, posts I will be headed to my funny little yellow studio to continue the creation of my Bug and Turtle.. YAY!!!!
and while the clay is drying, I will be working on this. I wont tell you just yet what it is or will be.. first thing is first..



6 comments:

Sonia ;) said...

Diane....

You have been busy. How pretty, and creative..

Smiles,
Sonia ;)

Sheryl Parsons said...

Your studio looks very fun and inviting Diane! Your girls were right on with the color. Can't wait to see your bug and turtle finished. Thanks for stopping by, it's so good to see you! :-)Sheryl

Designs By CK said...

Popping in to say hello! :-))

Hope this note finds you well & enjoy your week.

mE ((-:

Linda said...

TAG!!! Diane, you have just been tagged in the pursuit of happiness. For 7 days straight (without fail) You need to post what makes me happy for that particular day.you are also supposed to tag 7 people.

Love ya,
Linda

~* The Beldame on Peach Street *~ said...

I am lovin the studio and I'm coveting that chandelier! Can't wait to see the finished products!

Jamie

Light and Shadow Studio said...

Hi Diane, Thought I would come by and say "hi". Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a nice comment. Wow your studio looks great! I talked to the lady who bought your snowman with the zippered up pumpkin inside. She told me she is waiting for you to do a follow up. She really loves it! Hugs, Tammy