Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A New Chapter..

I love pics of old things.. I thought these few pics would be appropriate for my story.. well, it's kinda just a story of my thoughts and feelings.. If you cant tell, these are pics of old Wonder bread trucks.. they delivered many a bread in the years past.. for 20 years my husband worked for a large retail store.. That is where I met him.. yeah, he was my boss.. an irresistible one at that.. After 20 years my hubby decided to make a career change.. You guessed it.. he's a Wonder Man!!( I already knew that)
He is adjusting quite well and he loves it! He has been putting in long hours for training, I did say LONG right? And he still comes home with a beaming smile:)Well, then there is me.. I love and support his decision in fact i think its a great one but I am stumbling on what to do with myself and the change. We have always spent many hours together, supporting the same routine for many years.. a lovingly( I had to add lovingly) prepared lunch at 1:30 eaten while watching something on the Sci-fi channel, followed by a little cat nap and finally working side by side creating art work. We could sit in my studio for hours creating new masterpieces while enjoying each others company..
With Alan's longer hours he hasn't been able to spend time in the studio and I have felt a wee bit lost, maybe bumping into walls like a pinball machine would indicate a LOT lost.. lol... I'm not sure what to do with myself? I go to my studio and can't get into the artsy groove, I think its because my best friends chair is empty:(
After much pondering and wondering aimlessly through the house I came to realize that life is always changing, We have entered a new chapter in our lives and with that our routines have changed... I did however buy a TV to talk to me in the studio, it's not the same as my best friend but it does make up for the silence..
Well, Thanks for listening!!! Today is my sweeties day off and it's mine too.. I'm going to go give him a mornin kiss and hug.. the skies are gorgeous here.. maybe we will work in the yard together..and later go to the studio..

2 comments:

Sonia ;) said...

Awwww Diane....yes change is always happening....Hope your day together is prosperous and lovely.

Smiles,
Sonia ;)

Mandi said...

You'll adjust mom, I'm sure it will take some time!! I love you.. Mandi