Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Sci-Fi ?

Hi All, I just had to tell you all how I have been using my creative time...
Many of you, who are familiar with my work know that my style is a little bit unique and maybe you would say.. a little bit Folksy and most definitely whimsical. I just say "Dianie Mac Style"... anyways, it is far, far from Sci-fi...........
Well, CHECK THIS OUT!!!!!!!! This is my first sci-fi type piece of art :)

Lately, I have been working with my husband. He has been creating many magnificent flutes for family members. In the middle of flute making my husband sporadically ,sprung this idea on me.. He and his friend are big time Battle Star Galactica fans. And, Alan asked me if I thought I could sculpt a Cylon Centurion onto his friends Forklift key. I hesitated at first, but quickly gave in to the temptation of exploring something new. I enjoyed creating this fellow Cylon and was quite proud of my first Sci-fi piece. I don't think I will be crossing over any time soon but it was a fun challenge.

This is the Golden Eagle feather totem my husband carved recently. I love the way he inlaid the turquoise into the feather. The complete flute is breathtaking. Alan is currently working on a Shark flute for our great-nephew. If you would like to see his WIP you can visit Alan's blog. It is a fascinating journey. http://macnaughtanflutesandcreations.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Lisa Lectura Creations said...

Hi Diane! Great Cylon Centurion sculpt! A talented artist is up for any challenge! Your work always amazes me! Thanks for sharing! Your husbands work is fantastic too!

Creative Blessings,
Lisa :)

Daydreamer :) said...

You and your hubby are both talented!
Heather :)

ka said...

Redtube Cam