Monday, January 12, 2009

Little Angels

This is my grandson Kasen, the youngest of my three little Angels.


Yesterday , in the late afternoon Kasen suffered from a seizure and during the seizure he wasn't breathing , he was blue. He was rushed to the hospital and from there he was sent to Primary Children's hospital. A Neurologist and a Cardiologist were doing some tests on him and have found that Kasen has a congenital heart defect. They will be doing more tests to confirm the severity and what procedure to go forward with.
Kasen has had some medical problems since birth. With frequent lung infections and at times he would stop breathing unable to get any air. At that time the doctor's diagnosed him with asthma. That made sense to us at the time. But lately, Kasen has been sleeping for prolonged lengths of time and when he bends over to pick something up, his face turns bright red. I am thankful that the Dr.s at the ER sent him straight to Primary Children's.
I am confident with Primary Childrens hospital, as they are one of the top children hospitals in America and have so far given him excellent care.
As for now I just pray for Kasen to get well, and for my daughter and son-in-law to have strength.during this time.

13 comments:

Designs by CK said...

Your little angels are SO cute Diane! :-)

Have a great & creative week.

Me ;-)

XOXO

Doreen said...

I'm so sorry to hear of this..however, I'm glad that they have found the problem and will now be able to fix it.

I shall keep him and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Many Blessings,
Doreen

sheila said...

Goodness, I am so sorry to hear this but thankful that it can be taken care of. I will be thinking of you and your family and especially little Kasen. (He is just adorable BTW.)

Linda's Home Sweet Home said...

I have been praying since I heard. Love you Kasen, Amanda and Rob.

Auntie Linda

idrawpix said...

He is such a cutie. I am sending heartfelt healing thoughts Kasen's way, and to you, too. Be calm and let the prayers work.
Hugs.

vintagepaletteart said...

OH Diane...........I will praying for sweet little Kasen too. Poor little guy. =o( Thank goodness they discovered this now and will be able to treat him for it. Keeping you all in my thoughts. Hang in there and keep us updated.

Nana Hugs to you!
*Lori

Carolee said...

What a sweet little guy....I'm sending up prayers for him and for your family too. Hang in there!

~ Carolee

Bone*Head*Studios said...

That's scarey Diane, because one of my grandies has been diagnosed with asthma and gets like that too, but hasn't had a "blue episode"... prayers going your way
blessings,Flora

Diane MacNaughtan said...

Thank you for all your comforting words and positive thoughts and prayers.
It is so nice to have friends like you.

~Diane

Designs by CK said...

Diane ~ Sorry I meant to send my well wishes for Kasen before...sorry!

Chris

Doran & Jody said...

So sorry to hear. Prayers are coming your way!!!

Bonnie said...

I will be thinking of Kasen and and all of his family. Diane, I am sure the doctors will be able to help your sweet grand-son.
Bonnie

Tink said...

So sorry to hear this about Kasen. My thoughts are with him.