Friday, December 5, 2008

Patiently Waiting.........

I have been waiting......... Very patiently waiting..........I find myself day dreaming while I'm savoring every sweet, pepper minty, goodness of my favorite Holiday candy.... gazing down at my pure, fluffy wintery white feathers...... I have had the most glorious creative day, working on my Tiffanie's Christmas gift. But now, I am at a idle moment....A stand still..
I checked the mail box... Nothing was there....... I checked it again, hoping for the precious silver stones I had ordered... But they are not there...DRATZ!!!!

This morning began at 4 am. when I heard my husbands wonderful voice. I jumped up, made him coffee and gave him a big ole' smooch before seeing him off to work. I ran downstairs and pulled out some of my favorite supplies. Paverpol, Paper clay and some cotton fibers. These Fabulous products are a big part of my creation that I am working on today!

Another big part of my today's creation is Inspiration! These fabulous pine cones were given to me by my Father-in-law and his wife Betty. About a week before Thanksgiving, we had a lovely visit from them. When my Father-in-law handed me these fascinating gifts of nature, I was instantly inspired.

I worked all morning on this sweet pine cone doll for my daughter Tiffanie. I am using all natural findings from Mother Earth, for this little Pine cone doll...... but now, I am at a standstill. Before I can go any further on her completion, I need the mailman to bring me my silver stones... I am patiently waiting.........savoring my favorite sweet, pepper minty Holiday candy.




11 comments:

Jennifer MacNeill-Traylor said...

Youru pine cone doll is amazing! Your daughter will be so happy. Handmade gifts are the best!

Pease Porridge said...

This Pine cone doll is awesome. Wow, I love the face. I also love the Piper story. So so cute, that poor cat up in the tree. Loved all of the pictures. They told the story perfectly

Jennifer

sheila said...

Cute pinecone creation! I would like to have some of those fun sugar cones for myself to see if I could make a santa from them like the old fashioned ones. Thanks for coming to "see" me today! I hope you have a great weekend.
Sheila

Lisa Lectura Creations said...

Lovely post Diane! I know exactly how you feel when waiting for supplies. Your pine cone doll is so sweet! I hope you get your silver stones soon!

Thanks for making me smile everytime you come to visit! Have a great weekend!

Hugs,
Lisa :)

Designs by CK said...

I think the pinecone doll looks great already! :-)

Have a great weekend lady.

Chris

Carolee said...

What a magical doll! Can't wait to see her all finished (though I think she looks amazing already!)

Happy Holidays!
´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*´¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ Carolee

Diane MacNaughtan said...

Thanks everyone for stopping by and leaving such kind comments!
I hope today, I will find something in the mailbox!

~Diane

Doreen said...

What a lovely blog you have here and what wonderful work you do!

Looking forward to seeing your finished creation..I too was on the lookout for something in my mail box today..I was very disappointed when I realized it had not arrived :(

Take care,
Doreen

Diane MacNaughtan said...

Hi Doreen, Thanks for stopping by and for the wonderful compliments!
I hope you find your goodies in the mailbox soon :)

~Diane

vintagepaletteart said...

How absolutely darling Diane!!!!!! I Love her! Be sure to post a pic when she's all finished! What a gift from the heart she will be!

Holiday Hugs,
Lori

Bonnie said...

Wonderful pine cone doll; she has a great face.

Dropping by to wish you and your family a very Merry Chrismas and wonderful New Year.
Stay warm and cozy.
Bonnie