Monday, December 22, 2008

A blanket of pure white sparkly snow wraps around the sleeping hills they call, Soldier Hollow. It is so peaceful and quiet here...It's a beautiful wonder...It's Magical.... This breathtaking winter scenery is where my husband's, Dad & Betty have their annual Christmas party for all their children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren. They rent out the tubing mountain and it is Big! There's a chair lift that takes the brave tubers up the mountain.
After hours of tubing, or when your little toes are so frozen you possibly cant brave one more ride down the snowy mountain, you can always head over to the warm & cozy lodge. Inside, you can mingle amongst the family.
This is a Pic of my Father-in-law, Tom and his wonderful wife, Betty. They were welcoming everyone and letting all of the hungry little snow people know that the Dutch oven feast is ready to eat. YUMMY! If you have never had dutch oven cooked food, you MUST try it! We had the most tender and flavorful Turkey & Roast beef, Baked Beans and Cheesy Dutch Oven Potatoes. There were even four different kinds of salads to try to fit into our belly! Oh, and no Dutch Oven meal is complete without the Peach Cobbler for dessert! Oh gads, when I was finished with that Scrum-dilly-Umptious meal, you could have rolled me down that tubing hill.
This is Alan, The LOVE OF MY LIFE! Alan is playing one of his magnificent flutes, while we have dinner. The Native American Flute has such an incredible sound. When my husband plays the flute, It touches my soul.....

I know that a lot of people may not appreciate me plastering pic's of them all over my blog but, I don't think these two little munchkins will mind. This is Christopher and Tiffanie. Tiff is my daughter and Chris is my son-in-law. Tiffanie is listening to her dad play the flute. She is hoping he will make a CD one day soon....
Here is one of the Large Christmas trees here in the lodge. The decor on the tree was perfect for the setting. The ball ornaments were made from red berries and assorted seed pods. It was "simply" beautiful!

I had to show another pic of my honey. After all these years he still gives me big ol' butterflies! Alan played many songs, some of them were; The Little Drummer Boy, What Child Is This, Silent Night, Amazing Grace and some of his original songs...


As families were talking and catching up on this past years events, the Lodge became filled with a familiar sound. It was the sound of bells jingling , bells ringing & jingling rather loudly! All of a sudden you heard the biggest, cheeriest jump right outta your seat HO,HO,HO, Merry Christmas! In from the cold emerged this jolly ol'soul. He was dressed in red from head to toe. WHO could this be?
To see the excitement, wonder and magic in all the children's eyes as Santa Clause made is debut at the Christmas party. It was priceless!
Each child sat on Santa's lap and told him of that special something they hoped he would bring them on Christmas . They all had been so extra special good this year, that Santa made sure all the children went home with an early Christmas gift.
Even my Nephew Tom and his girlfriend Sara's brand new baby, Kyson sat on Santa's lap. I think that wise ol'Santa brought Kyson a sipee cup. He knew he would be using it within the next few months. He's a smart guy :)
We had a lovely time today...



3 comments:

sheila said...

It looks like a wonderful time in a beautiful setting. Have a Very Merry Christmas Diane and I look forward to see what you create in the New Year.
Sheila

Designs by CK said...

GREAT pictures and glad you had a wonderful time! The Dutch oven feast sounded wonderful. YUMMY!!!

Merry Merry!!!

Chris Kringle :-P)

Gufobardo said...

I hope one day I will listen a native flute...thanks dear and wonderful holidays to you,Alan and all your family,,,,,ciao bella!