Thursday, November 6, 2008

Ivory Billed Woodpecker

This Striking, Magnificent bird, is the Ivory Billed Woodpecker. At one point, due to this birds deteriorated habitat, the Ivory Billed Woodpecker was considered extinct. But, this bird has been recently rediscovered through several sightings in Eastern Arkansas. A University has started a large project to document the rediscovery of the Ivory Billed Woodpecker.
Many who have known me or visited my previous blog, knows that I share a beautiful life with my very talented Husband, Friend and Artist, Alan MacNaughtan. Alan is a Master woodcarver, with many of his carvings gracing the homes of collectors throughout the world. Several years ago, Alan stumbled upon the Native American flute. He fell in love with the beauty of it's voice . Alan has found his passion and has dedicated his creative path in creating these breathtaking instruments. This Ivory Billed Woodpecker flute, was just completed last night. Alan made this flute as a gift for our Son, Anthony.
If you would like to see more flutes that Alan has created, and hear the beautiful voices in which each flute sings. Please click on the link.


3 comments:

Designs by CK said...

Diane ~ Alan's woodworking is lovely! :-)

Chris

Kari and Parker said...

I love it.. I think that tony will love it. is it for Christmas.. I wont tell :)

Diane MacNaughtan said...

CK, Thank you ! I will pass on your wonderful compliment :)

Kari, LOL.. It isn't 4 Christmas, rather a belated Birthday gift. We gave him his other half on his Birthday, But.... this flute took a little longer then anticipated.Thanks for stopping by, I hope Parker gets to feeling better.

~Diane