Sunday, November 9, 2008

American Goldfinch Thistle Drone

I have to BRAGG up my honey again, for this remarkable flute he just completed. This is my most favorite flute Alan has created.
The flute starts as a long, rough block of wood. From my husbands creative hands, he gives life, to a breathtaking musical instrument.
When Alan is finished creating the flute, he sets it on my art table for the painting and staining process. In this particular project, I had the opportunity to challenge my sculpting ability and create the Thistle. Each petal of the thistle was created one piece at a time (SCREAM!) just kidding!!!! It was a wonderful challenge.

This lovely flute was gifted to Alan's older brother. The best part of this art project, was the look on Alan's brother's face when Alan, placed it in his hands....

7 comments:

Success said...

Beautiful pictures.
Nice blog.

Please visit:

http://realbali.info

Keep blogging.
Good job.

sheila said...

Beautiful!!

Designs by CK said...

Breathtakingly beautiful!

Chris :-)

Bone*Head*Studios said...

Beautiful, just beautiful, you and your husband both have magical hands!!
blessings,Flora

Jennifer MacNeill-Traylor said...

Wow, what a gorgeous flute! I especially love gold finches and thistles!
Just added your blog to my list of link:)
Jen

Diane MacNaughtan said...

To all of my friends who stopped by my blog and left a comment.. Thank you! :)

Bigs hugs,
~Diane

Bonnie said...

Awesome!!
Bonnie